X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new B&D tools

Has anyone seen the B&D powerd adjustable monkey wrench yet? There $29.99 , it has a switch on the side of the handle you press to either open or close it's jaws. I thought it was kinda silly myself . I'm still not to lazy to roll my thimb over a wheel to open or close a wrench, at least not yet anyways lol.

For 12 bucks and change, i like this one from Crescent:

all you have to do is slide the slider to fit. and the torque from tightening something actually creates a stronger fit. bought one at HD not too long ago

Comment

lol I had'nt noticed that one , only noticed the B&D one because of the big display in front on the tool coral, theres a few other tools on the display too from B&D . I did buy one a few years ago that has a "vise grip" feature, although its so slight that its a pretty useless feature. live and learn lol

Comment

" I did buy one a few years ago that has a "vise grip" feature, although its so slight that its a pretty useless feature." -- American and Proud

are you referring to the STANLEY locking adjustable wrench?
        it's purpose is to add the extra clamping force to securely hold the fastner tighter than possible with just turning the adjuster, a feature that makes it all worthwile, and thought of when I tried the B&D auto adjust wrench

the B&D auto adjust wrenches are the same price no matter where I went to find one, even at wal*mart

what seems like a major joke is the riduculously slow 30 rpm of the auto adjust clamp, and that it runs on 4AA batteries

don't even get me started on the "mini sawzall"

Comment

Craftsman Beak Jaw Adjustable wrenches 944718

Originally posted by CheekyMonkeyWrench
          For 12 bucks and change, i like this one from Crescent:

all you have to do is slide the slider to fit. and the torque from tightening something actually creates a stronger fit. bought one at HD not too long ago
          I have the 2 piece set w/ the 6" and 10";will probably get the 12" eventually. They are really nice adj wrenches!!!!
          You can never have enough drills-too many is just enough!!!!!

Comment

yup thats the one, I know what its for, but mine seems to not do much of anything really I still have it used it last night as a matter of fact, but it really isnt worth much, at least on the STANLEY one I got. And those new B&D ones seem like toys, just something else to break.IMO
            Originally posted by subiemech85
            " I did buy one a few years ago that has a "vise grip" feature, although its so slight that its a pretty useless feature." -- American and Proud

are you referring to the STANLEY locking adjustable wrench?
            it's purpose is to add the extra clamping force to securely hold the fastner tighter than possible with just turning the adjuster, a feature that makes it all worthwile, and thought of when I tried the B&D auto adjust wrench

the B&D auto adjust wrenches are the same price no matter where I went to find one, even at wal*mart

what seems like a major joke is the riduculously slow 30 rpm of the auto adjust clamp, and that it runs on 4AA batteries

don't even get me started on the "mini sawzall"

Comment

thats a cool wrench from crescent.. gotta take a look at it..

Comment

I just posted my opinion on the new B&D tools over in the "worst power tool" thread.

Basically I work at Home Depot and I agree that these things are junk. However, with the sheer genius in charge of B&D marketing they are going to get everyone to think their spouse/significant other, etc needs one. THen they are going to go screaming into the stores looking for them. The stores will sell out quickly and they will be on backorder. I will be able to answer the phone at Home Depot by saying, "Sorry we are out of B&D wrenches; hardware, this is Dan, may I help you?" Then come January the backlog will be filled and the stores will be full of them, and we wont be able to give them away. Same thing has happened in past years with B&Ds autotape, and the Bullseye.

Even though I dont promote these tools, the people that come in and look at them I warn that if they think they want to get it for someone they had better do it now. Im tempted to get a few for EBay also.

Comment

Working...
                X