X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B&D and Porter Cable

Who owns who? I bought a PC pancake compressor that came with 3 PC nail guns a few weeks ago. The guns have non contact triggers on them. In the book for the guns you can call PC and get contact triggers for free. I called and ordered the contact triggers from PC and when I received them the invoice was from B&D. I know B&D owns DeWalt but do they also own PC?
    SSG, U.S. Army
    Retired
    K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Black and decker bought portercable and delta about a year or to ago.dewalt has been a blackand decker product for 20 or 30 years now.
    A fishing pole is the best cordless tool!

Comment

Yep, and Delta too ...

2004 - Black & Decker ® announce the purchase of the Tools Group from Pentair, Inc. (NYSE: PNR) for approximately $775 million in cash. The Tools Group, which includes the Porter-Cable, Delta, DeVilbiss Air Power, Oldham Saw, and FLEX businesses, had sales of $1.08 billion and operating profit of $82 million in 2003.

Comment

It looks like it's all going to come down to two or three major players in the power tool market with B&D (Black & Decker, DeWalt, Porter-Cable, Delta, DeVilbiss Air Power, Oldham Saw, FLEX), TTI (Ridgid, Ryobi, Milwaukie), and who else?

Interesting that both B&D and TTI largely produce in China while many of us discuss the pros and cons of buying one sub-brand over another because of it's manufacturing origins. As these buy-outs and mergers continue, none of us can be sure where the final tool or its components originate.

CWS

Comment

Yep, you can already start seeing the influence in their product lineup. Some new porter cable stuff, such as the sanders for instance, are remarkably similar to dewalt models. The screw guns are also almost identical.

Comment

is Makita still a sole corporation?

Comment

Originally posted by CheekyMonkeyWrench
              is Makita still a sole corporation?
              good question though a google search i am still unclear on that one
              9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Working...
              X