Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

What Was Your Worst Power Tool You Ever Owned??????

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Was Your Worst Power Tool You Ever Owned??????

I once owned a DeWalt Dw-160 Right Angle drill. Ran hot,had no reverse and even worse no variable speed. Had it serviced at a Dewalt service center and it still ran ultra hot!!!!!A total piece of garbage. I gave it to my Father-in law. I replaced it w/ a Bosch 1132vsr Right Angle drill w/ reverse,variable speed,cool running motor, and a speed dial to preset speed. I love my liitle Bosch Angle drill!!!!!Please share your horror piece O'crap power tool stories!!!!
    You can never have enough drills-too many is just enough!!!!!

Naive

Bought when Hechingers went out of business before I knew alot about tools. I now know variable speed and reverse are important. Even though I paid only $60 for it on clearance;it was no buy!!!!! Hard to believe DeWalt still makes this model. If there are any redeeming qualities in this drill-Please please let me know!!!!!!
    You can never have enough drills-too many is just enough!!!!!

Comment

Years ago, when I first got married, I bought this no-name 1/2" electric drill for odd jobs around the house. At that time I wasn't doing a whole lot of odd jobs around the house so it wasn't used all that often. After a couple of years of very limited use it just up and died one day. I doubt if it had more than a total of 5 minutes of actual run time on it.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

de walt saw dw537 brand new paid 160 for it took it to the job opened the box put on the blade pluged it in pulled the trigger ........... nothing?
        de walt plam sander 3 weeks old pow wires or something but it smoked real good.
        de walt drill with a keyed chuck(corded) tightend bit in chuck pulled the trigger watch chuck spin across room as drill is still in my hand.
        to say that i have had bad luck with dewalt is an understatement, but i know others that have had nothing but good luck with them
        9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

My dad bought me a 14.4 volt craftsman drill about 6 years ago. Just found it when cleaning out the basement. I remember after about a month the battery last for about 15 screws. Absolute piece of crap (no insult to my dads gift.. it was just a lemon). I think I am just gonna throw the thing out instead of trying to find new batteries.

Josh

Comment

Makita:

mini cordless circular saw. When new the battery would die after a 6" cut in 1/2" masonite. Used it once then tossed it.

reciprocating saw (sawzall type). collar broke on first use. Used it once then gave it away and bought a real tool.

angle grinder (three of them). switches would last for a dozen or so uses. years ago only mfr with a diamond blade. tossed them all. now we can get diamond blades for other grinders.
            Last edited by BigThom; 10-17-2006, 12:23 PM.

Comment

$69 POS Craftsman 18" scroll saw. That sucker vibrated so hard it would make a .... (oh, nevermind...)

No matter what I did to try and clamp it or balance it, it would vibrate the work piece all over the place. My fingers would go numb after just a couple of minutes. I sold it for $25 and was glad to be rid of it. I replaced it with a 200# Delta 24" scroll saw and have never been happier!
              Steve
              www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

Originally posted by Josh
                My dad bought me a 14.4 volt craftsman drill about 6 years ago. Just found it when cleaning out the basement. I remember after about a month the battery last for about 15 screws. Absolute piece of crap (no insult to my dads gift.. it was just a lemon). I think I am just gonna throw the thing out instead of trying to find new batteries.

Josh
                I know Sears has made alot of different 14.4v formats, but if yours is the Ryobi version, the 16.8v batts can be made to fit and they work great.

Comment

12V Black and Decker drill with the post style battery.

It's basically a glorified screwdriver, as it's limited to drilling and driving in styrofoam.

In addition, fitting the battery in the charger can take a half hour somethimes (have to open up the charger and fix contacts).

I tried drilling impregnated wood with it one time.....what a mistake.

Although I have found it's calling in life: piloting holes for stainless nails on clear, beveled cedar siding.

Comment

Out of all my tool choices over the years, i'd have to say it's the Ridgid Bandsaw, the vibration is HORRIBLE my Delta 16 inch variable speed scroll saw vibrates less.

Comment

not so much a power tool, but i have one of those mini power screwdrivers made by kobalt. The drill performs as it should, but I have had to return 2 of them because the a/c adapter dies. And it doesnt have a compartment for the phillips and flathead bits.

Comment

rotozip!!!!!!!!!
                        9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

crapsman
                          "twin cutter"
                          9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

DeWait
                            cordless
                            is
                            worthless!