Ridgid 6 1/2 circular saw (fuego)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid 6 1/2 circular saw (fuego)

I saw this new circular saw yesterday. It says it is a faster circular saw.

i didnt not see anything new about it other then the price and the name fuego on the blade guard.

any info.
    !

I didnt go but Ridgid had a class on it for HD employees last week. Iti s supposed to be "the framers" circ saw. It cuts 2x4s fast, and is lightweight.

I think they couldve used a different name than fuego though.

Comment

Well if its lightweight and small thats probably its real advantage. Otherwise it seems to me like an utterly redundant tool. A standard 7 1/4" will cut through 2X4's about as fast as you can push it. 6 1/2" blades are fairly difficult to find sometimes too.

Comment

I just saw it again today. Ridgid has made their own 6 1/2 blades as well..

looks cool and looks light. I could not pick it up since it was bolted down.

I might get it... see what happens...
        !

Comment

I didnt have much time when I replied...

Anyway it is considerably lighter than a 7 1/4 and it is supposed to run faster for cutting 2x4s. The guy in my dept that went to the Ridgid promotional class told me though that it tears up plywood and melamine worse than normal because of its speed.

Comment

Re: Ridgid 6 1/2 circular saw (fuego)

I BOUGHT ONE LAST MONTH!

IT'S GREAT!

jOHN1

Comment

Re: Ridgid 6 1/2 circular saw (fuego)

I have had for 3 or 4 months and love it as far as plywood goes i have had no problem. If i was i would look at the condition of the blade not how fast it cuts. You have to remember it's a framing saw not a finish saw. You would'nt use a rubber hammer to break concrete don't use a framing saw to do finish work.

Comment

Working...
              X