X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ridgid nailer double firing

I have Ridgid round head framing nailer about 4 months old.

I have the trigger set on multiple firing mode. When in this mode I am getting double fires when I am trying to nail only nail. The double fire happens so fast that most times the nailer doesn't pick up the second nail.

Any suggestions.
    I am trying to find my owner manual but am not putting my hands on it yet.

Thanks

Jeff

Originally posted by AllanToolGuy
    Which nail gun do you have? Model: xxx
    Ridgid only has one round head framing nailer, the model R350RHA. They also have a clipped head nail version, the model $350CHA,
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

model R350RHA

Comment

Does anyone have a link where I can download another owners manual for the nailer?

Comment

jag pm sent and try to go to the new homedepot off of 41 south bound and see if those guys can help
          9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

I found the link for the manual.

Thanks slow chevy. I am down loadning the manual now and will see if I can figure it out.

Thanks

Jag

Comment

I have a Porter Cable FR350 Round head framing nailer (don't know if its the same as the Ridgid but the part #s sure seem similar) that I was having the same problem with. I found that the problem was my technique, not the nailer. To prevent double fires, I had to be a bit more aggressive in the way I shoved it into the board. If I used too light of pressure, the recoil would kick the gun back just far enough to retrigger it. With mine, I was ending up with double nails about 30% of the times it double fired. When I started using a deliberate push all the way to the board and not letting it bounce, I quit having the problem. I didn't seem to have as much problem with 3" nails as I did with 2 1/2", but I think that was because I subconsciously was pushing harder with the heavier nails.
              Just a thought

Go
              Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Good thought and likely correct for Jeff's problem. I have seen similar issues with my R350CHA and my Bostitch ridge runner roofer. Slam it like you stole it, no love taps.

Comment

Originally posted by wbrooks
                  Slam it like you stole it, no love taps.
                  Thanks for a great phrase!! That pretty much says it!!

Go
                  Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Working...
                  X