Framing nailer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Framing nailer

Hello, I was looking at getting a framing nailer for framing the inside of my pole shed off. I noticed there are two different types - round head and clip head. What's the primary difference for each ? Also I was looking at a Porter Cable FR350 or FC350 - would this be a good choice ?

thanks

There really isn't that much diffence between the two, for periodic use. The clipped head you can load the magazine with more nails. The biggest thing to look into is the clipped heads don't meet building codes in a lot of places any more. I think you would be better off going with a senco or bostitch as they are more economical to repair. Performance wise there is not much difference between them. Most people prefer one brand over another due to balance, weight etc.

Comment

Agree with the building code point but I really like my Ridgid framer, well balanced and powerful. Also there is no repair cost for the Ridgid nailer with the included Lifetime Service Agreement, Unless you toss it from the roof onto a concrete pad

Comment

You might try Costco. They have a campbell-hausfeld kit there for around $150. It contains a framing, finish and brad nailer. An electrician friend of mine uses it regularly and expresses satisfaction with its performance.
        there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

I like my Paslode cordless - no heavy compressor to drag out and no hoses to trip over...

Comment

Paslode

I love my paslode cordless. I have had it for 2 years now, it will take clipped and full round nails, but make sure (as stated above) your local code will allow clipped nails. Last winter I bought the Paslode 501000 pneumatic to do a shed in the spring and that thing is powerfull too. It's on the heavy side, but it takes the same nails as the cordless and since I don't frame houses for a living I figured if they use the same nails I wouldn't have to stock 2000 nails of each type. Another plus with the Paslode is that it came with the bump trigger. When I looked into the PC I found that you had to order the bump trigger.

That's all I have for you right now, hope it helps.

Comment

Thanks,

Thanks to all that responded.

Comment

I have the PC FR350 and it works great for me. Just finished framing 3 rooms in the basement and had no problems. Now I just need to convince the wife it is time for a drywall screwgun......
                Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

WWS,

I don't know how you feel about reconditioned tools, but Amazon has the Dewalt DW257 drywall screwgun on their Friday Sale for only $49.99.

http://www.amazon.com/Factory-Recond...2?ie=UTF8&s=hi

Comment

This is just what fits me in my line of work: If im on the roofing crue and have plenty of air.(pneumatic) rebuilding and wood replacement, I like my rigid 18V screw gun.
                    Then if I aint gonna blow away any wood I like my Bostitch framer shootin-12 or10's! I can deal with it... That's when im on the roofing crue...
                    When im with out them and on my own building I dont want a hose around that's in my way, and my lady (Paslode) is there to help get the job done for me, im a happy, happy carpenter. Now we all know things can change real fast on a job but that's when my cordless comes back in!!!
                    I use all depending on the job.
                    Last edited by bob bridgewater; 10-28-2006, 02:56 AM.
                    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
                    Be safe out there folks
                    Bob B
                    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Comment

The Stanley Bostitch magnesium framing gun is a bad boy. On the most powerful setting, it can shoot through rail road ties and EVL(engineered veneer lumber) like they are wood putty . Make sure the exaust is diverted downward, as the exaust has been known to blow off lightweight glasses. All of the screwguns mentioned already are very good, including the Senco dura spin.
                      Last edited by Master Engineer; 10-30-2006, 05:56 PM.

Comment

I like my Paslode cordless also!!!! When using it in the shop I don't have to hock up air lines and turn on compressors!
                        I bought mine on e-bay! It was listed as used, but I couldn't find a mark on it! Came with the case and extra batteries and fuel cells. Also had the safety glasses, and manual.
                        Everyone thinks there problems are more important than yours!

Comment

Working...
                        X