Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS3650 arbor fixed???

Hi guys and girls,

FIRST post. GREAT FORUM!!
    I've been lurking and reading and learning.

I'm planning on the purchase of my first TS today or tommorow.
    Been looking at the TS3650 and the Delta equivalent saw.

There has been a lot of discussion on the TS3650 arbor and I was wondering if this problem has been fixed?
    I'm plan to buy a couple of dado blades and don't want any issues to deal with up front while I'm learning.

So, tell me guys.... Is the TS3650 arbor 'issue' still an issue?

Thanks in advance boys and girls.

Welcome, yes the arbor issue has been fixed for quite some time. Your only chance of hitting a bad one would be if the HD found an old unit they had stashed away somewhere. If you search the threads I think someone posted a date code of known good machines

Comment

What Wayne said. The arbor issue hasn't been one for around 18 months now.

Why do you feel you need more than one set of dado blades?
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

HD a NO GO.

Thanks for the update guys and thanks for the welcome.

BadgerDave, I haven't got a clue about stacked dado blades but I've found that if there's some odd thing that requires something only a few people would use it will probably be me that wants to do it, LOL.
        Could be the relation to my brother Murphy.

I checked out all the blades at HD tonight. Didn't see anything but 'regular' blades. General purpose and a few plywood blades.

Called this same HD Monday and the nice lady said they had four of the TS3650 saws in stock and one display model.
        Got there tonight and they have one display with a broken fence handle, a severely rusted table and a few other various parts missing.
        It was a pitiful looking piece of equipment.
        They had one saw in a box and the tool guy said it had come in without any arms.
        Whatever 'arms' are, this one didn't have any.

Guess they must be selling them like hotcakes since they are already down to one without 'arms' and a broken up display saw.

So, I'm back home now considering what my 'saw getting' options might be.
        You guys had me convinced this was the saw to get but HD is making it difficult for me to spend my bucks there.

Comment

Arms? He is probably talking about the fence rails. The 3650 ships in 2 boxes, the saw in one and the fence rails in the other. Make sure you get both when you buy.
          SSG, U.S. Army
          Retired
          K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Originally posted by TOD View Post
            Arms? He is probably talking about the fence rails. The 3650 ships in 2 boxes, the saw in one and the fence rails in the other. Make sure you get both when you buy.
            The large box was what was there so I'm betting you're right TOD.

Anybody know if HD can place a 'customer order' into their system?
            Or is it just a 'wait until we reorder' policy there?

Comment

Working...
            X