Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did anyone really get it at $197 online without a price change through customer service?

Comment

That is good news.

Originally posted by JWMustang View Post
      I got my free Max jigsaw fast, about 1 week after I mailed in the offer.
      I wonder if it was a returned item because it had black marks on it. However it does work fine.
      That is good news. Has anyone else got their free tool?

Comment

yes, i received the jig saw today, for my brothers x-mas present. and what's even better, is that i brought my receipt back to HD yesterday and they refunded me the difference (397-197=$200) upon showing them the website printout.

I actually picked up another one to give to my dad @ $197 (and they accepted the Lowes coupon i posted here). This particular HD is fairly new, and they never blink on matching prices.

Comment

Incredible.....

Originally posted by CheekyMonkeyWrench View Post
          yes, i received the jig saw today, for my brothers x-mas present. and what's even better, is that i brought my receipt back to HD yesterday and they refunded me the difference (397-197=$200) upon showing them the website printout.

I actually picked up another one to give to my dad @ $197 (and they accepted the Lowes coupon i posted here). This particular HD is fairly new, and they never blink on matching prices.
          Incredible...they have to be taking a huge loss at that price. Wish I had printed that price when it was available. Care to email me a scan?!?! ;-)

Comment

I paid $379 after seeing this post. I was going to buy anyway, about a week ago, and decided to just wait a bit.

It's no $179 that some of you managed, but it's still better than six-something when I looked last week.

I did notice that after fully charging the battery the first time, it faded rather quickly. I was only drilling and counter-sinking some holes in some walnut. Seems to be better now though. I spent a few hours mounting drawers the other night and it was fine the whole time.

Anyone else experiencing that?
            ~tig
            www.jasonrichardtaylor.com

Comment

I Found The Set Lower Before Home Depot Lowered The Price

Originally posted by Velosapien View Post
              Has anybody checked to see if they are in fact $197 at HD. Last week I saw them at $397 but if they are going for $197 like the website says I'm sure I can find a use for them! They seem to be moving at 397 though. I noticed in the week they dropped them the box stack at the store was significantly lower.
              That's one of the problems with Home Depot, they sell product for a higher price and wait 30 days (The you can’t get a refund period) and then lower the same product anywhere from 10% to 60%That's one of the problems with Home Depot, they sell product for a higher price and wait 30 days (The you can’t get a refund period) and then lower the same product anywhere from 10% to 60%. Fortunately years ago I searched out stores in my area and online that don't play that game. When Home Depot was selling them at 397.00 local and much smaller stores like Standard Tools was selling them at 204.00. When Home Depot Lowered there price to 197.00 Standard Tool lowered them to 164.00 and get this they refunded everyone who paid the higher price 90 days prior. Moral to the story. Shop somewhere besides HD. My money belongs in my work shop or bank not in the inflated Home Depot Pockets.. Fortunately years ago I searched out stores in my area and online that don't play that game. When Home Depot was selling them at 397.00 local and much smaller stores like Standard Tools was selling them at 204.00. When Home Depot Lowered there price to 197.00 Standard Tool lowered them to 164.00 and get this they refunded everyone who paid the higher price 90 days prior. Moral to the story. Shop somewhere besides HD. My money belongs in my work shop or bank not in the inflated Home Depot Pockets.
              Why shop at Home Depot when all you do is pay more due to overhead. Take the time to build a relationship with a supplier in your area and learn what real service, savings and satisfaction is really about.
              -------------------------------------------
              A tool in my workshop means more to me when I know I bought it at a great value.

Comment

Originally posted by CheekyMonkeyWrench
                no prob disaster, just pm me your email

Hi,

Could you e-mail me the copy of the printout as well?

I've been trying to get validated all weekend for the forums... I hope I could possibly get in on this deal!

blizakowski@gmail.com

Comment

A EASY solution to anyone who bought the set a $500 + and now its $397... BUY another set and RETURN the newly bought SET with your old receipt. You have 90 days from the time you bought for you to return it.
                  Colorado Deck and Framing - When perfection is demanded

Comment

Easier solution for future purchases

Originally posted by RobertCDF View Post
                    A EASY solution to anyone who bought the set a $500 + and now its $397... BUY another set and RETURN the newly bought SET with your old receipt. You have 90 days from the time you bought for you to return it.
                    Good idea Robert!

I just have to mention again that you can prevent paying more and having this type of hassle in the future by finding an honest tool supplier or buying online.
                    Why shop at Home Depot when all you do is pay more due to overhead. Take the time to build a relationship with a supplier in your area and learn what real service, savings and satisfaction is really about.
                    A tool in my workshop means more to me when I know I bought it at a great value.

Comment

Originally posted by roadjungle View Post
                      Good idea Robert!

I just have to mention again that you can prevent paying more and having this type of hassle in the future by finding an honest tool supplier or buying online.
                      This is why I was more than happy to buy all of my BIG ridgid tools (tablesaw, jointer, planer, etc) as refurbs from Cummins. They took care of me, recognize me by name whenever I'm in the store, and I still get a quality product, and Ridgid still stays in business. HD can suck it.

What can I say, I'm really sick of their self checkouts.

Although, I did have to buy my MaxSelect combo kit there. Really bothered me to do so.
                      ~tig
                      www.jasonrichardtaylor.com

Comment

That doesn't usually work anymore.

Originally posted by RobertCDF View Post
                        Enough people were doing their own "warranty" using that method that on most high dollar items the serial number is integrated into the UPC scan symbol. If you check your receipt you will see it. When they scan in the new item it won't match the serial number on the receipt.

Comment

Save Money. You Don't Have To Buy At Home Depot

Originally posted by tig66208 View Post
                          This is why I was more than happy to buy all of my BIG ridgid tools (tablesaw, jointer, planer, etc) as refurbs from Cummins. They took care of me, recognize me by name whenever I'm in the store, and I still get a quality product, and Ridgid still stays in business. HD can suck it.

What can I say, I'm really sick of their self checkouts.

Although, I did have to buy my MaxSelect combo kit there. Really bothered me to do so.
                          I am really happy to see posts in regards to alternate sources to buy tools.
                          Too many people do not understand that when they but Ridgid or any other tool from a privately owned or small corporation they will benefit in many ways. Ways that include service and quality. I live 2 blocks from Home Depot but I drive 7 miles to buy my tools. Why? Because I get taken care of and I always spend less. I have walked into new stores that did not know me and simply ask them to meet Home Depots prices and they do without question. The point is that most of the time you don't have to ask because the price is already lower. I'm thinking about starting a (why you should not shop at Home Depot Thread) but I'm afraid it won't last long once the mediators see it or if they did not remove it, it may become to large to fast. Heck my list can be its own thread. All we can do is share our experience that if you take the time to shop or build a customer/store relationship with smaller tool resellers you will benefit buy paying less elsewhere.

One more thing I would like to offer. I buy many of my tools online including Ridgid. After just a few purchases of a Jig saw, drill and tap and die set the Ebay seller I bought from called me and offered me 30% off all future purchases. After that happened and I had to buy elsewhere do to his limited inventory I now ask the sellers for price breaks and 9 out of 10 times I get them. It may seem like a hassle but it's not, especially when you add up the hundreds and possibly thousands of dollars you save in a few years time just BY NOT SHOPPING AT HOME DEPOT.
                          Last edited by roadjungle; 11-23-2006, 03:52 PM. Reason: addition

Comment

Lets try this. HOME DEPOT COST MORE!

Originally posted by Disaster View Post
                            Enough people were doing their own "warranty" using that method that on most high dollar items the serial number is integrated into the UPC scan symbol. If you check your receipt you will see it. When they scan in the new item it won't match the serial number on the receipt.
                            Yes you may be able to return the item if you are within the return policy guidelines. But if you are not or happen to get a manager that is having a bad day then you may not get what Home Depot Corporation offers.

There are a few posts in this forum that make it clear and explain easy ways to buy tools for LESS money elsewhere. I personally read the entire forum when I am interested in buying a new tool simply because I like to pay less. PEOPLE, GENTLEMAN. GET OFF THE HOME DEPOT WAGON AND SAVE MONEY AT OTHER STORES. THIS IS HOW YOU PREVENT BUYERS REMORSE and feel good that you did not pay more (sometimes 100.00's more.) Look around different Forums and see for yourself. Now if you still insist on paying more at home depot I would suggest buying elsewhere and giving the extra money you saved to the families of the US military. Sheesh wake up.

Comment

I got 6 of them

Comment

Working...
                              X