X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosch has it's 36V Li drills out

and they have a Fat pack battery, and a slim battery available for it. Pretty cool option. The drill with the slim battery weighs the same as their 14.4V drill/battery, and the fat pack's benefit is additional run time. Saw it today, and I like the ergonomics and the slim battery as opposed to the Dewalt.

Check it out:

http://www.boschtools.com/tools/tool...189200&G=70085

but you can get a 4pc tool set for the price of a drill.
    Last edited by CheekyMonkeyWrench; 10-31-2006, 11:07 PM.

I like the dual pack option. Makita is now doing this as well. I'm glad they are finally getting a clue. Its hard to compare specs though. There's no specific info on weight, size, or power yet. All it says is it does up to 600 inch pounds which isn't saying much. Only two speeds though and a pretty slow max speed. Ergonomics wise I don't know. I suppose its a matter of preference but Dewalt stuck to their tried and true shape which is generally accepted as one of the most prefered in most tool reviews I've seen.

Comment

no way, they're finally out! I knew these have been out in Europe for quite some time, but didn't realize they in North America now.

Comment

I really wish Bosch would put out some worthwhile specs for them online as no one around here carries Bosch cordless tools so there's no chance of me trying them out.

Comment

You've gotta be kidding me. This is the worst promo I've ever seen! At least DeWalt and Milwaukee had some cheesy hype videos for us to watch. This is lame.

Comment

Hmm, I think they need to double check that page. It says the drill weighs 16 pounds 5 ounces. I also noticed the wording. It seems like they mean the slim battery pack is what weighs less than the 14.4 battery pack. Not the entire drill itself.

Comment

Check it out! From the European Bosch site:

http://www.bosch-pt.com/videos-ocs/b...VLI/en/dsl.wmv

Zulu-zulu this is space commander one LMAO

This is hands down the cheesiest power tool video I've ever seen!
              Last edited by Sceeter W Wheels; 11-02-2006, 04:35 PM.

Comment

I think the dual batteries idea is rediculous. The slim pack weighs the same as a 14.4 Volt, the bigger pack for maximum pack is the same weight as an 18 volt battery. What are the chances that someone will be able to work all day with a 14.4 tool, but magically can't do it with the 18Volt? The bottomline is the 36 volt tools are supposed to take aim at the corded tool market. They are supposed to be the creme of the crop of cordless tools with maximum run time, and balls to the wall power. Producing 2 batteries confuses the hell out of me. You either want the power or you don't. This 36 Volt Bosch Tool line looks half-assed. There, now I've said it.

Comment

I couldn't agree more. People that buy these tools don't care about having 10 options for batteries and blinking lights and yadda yadda, they want a tool that kicks a*s and has a simple platform. I noticed too on Amazon that the bosch drills are on there (not available for sale yet) and you can see you can buy one version with 2 "slim" batteries and the other with a 1-L and 1-XL Battery. I'm lost already..

Oh by the way I saw Bosch's Li charger at a trailer show and it looks like a heart-shaped chocolate box for valentines day or something. Even the Bosch reps were laughing about it.
                  Last edited by Sceeter W Wheels; 11-03-2006, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Hmm looks like two Dewalt reps are here!

What is so "hard" to figure out about the Bosch 36volt drills coming with high and low cap batterys? It is nice to have two options, long run time, or light weight if you just need to do a few things, but with all of the power.

What torque is the Dewalt v36 testing at these days? 340?

Comment

Originally posted by mr man View Post
                      Hmm looks like two Dewalt reps are here!

What is so "hard" to figure out about the Bosch 36volt drills coming with high and low cap batterys? It is nice to have two options, long run time, or light weight if you just need to do a few things, but with all of the power.

What torque is the Dewalt v36 testing at these days? 340?
                      Not specified as they don't use that spec anymore. The old discontinued 18v DC988 was rated at 500. My guess is the 36v is in the 600in/lbs range as well.

Comment

I ain't no DeWalt rep, in fact I never really liked them too much before.

As far as torque..I have no idea what the exact torque the 36V DeWalt drill puts out, but as I said before it handles a 2 9/16" self feed masterfully and would probably not have an issue with even larger self feeds. In my experience it "feels" like it's as least twice as powerful as an 18V.. so probably as least twice the torque of an 18V.

The torque ratings that manufacturers print on the box mean very little as usually they are just the peak torque measurement that the drill puts out just as it stalls - which doesn't at all tell you how it will perform on a sustained continuous basis.

Comment

jeez, when i'm up on the ladder 24ft plus, i wish i had an option for my v28 drill to reduce the weight (when i need a drill with some power).

Bosch used their heads IMO with that option

Comment

Originally posted by Sceeter W Wheels View Post
                            I ain't no DeWalt rep, in fact I never really liked them too much before.

As far as torque..I have no idea what the exact torque the 36V DeWalt drill puts out, but as I said before it handles a 2 9/16" self feed masterfully and would probably not have an issue with even larger self feeds. In my experience it "feels" like it's as least twice as powerful as an 18V.. so probably as least twice the torque of an 18V.

The torque ratings that manufacturers print on the box mean very little as usually they are just the peak torque measurement that the drill puts out just as it stalls - which doesn't at all tell you how it will perform on a sustained continuous basis.

To put it this way, the torque offered by most modern drills is enough to break your wrist if not careful. As I found out with a DC988 when a hole saw bound and the sucker kicked back so hard I almost broke my wrist. It was sore for about a week.

Comment

True, good point. Well it will be interesting to see if Milwaukee and DeWalt pick up on this and make "half-weight" batteries.. I guess if it becomes a hot enough idea, they might "me-too" on the idea.

Originally posted by CheekyMonkeyWrench View Post
                              jeez, when i'm up on the ladder 24ft plus, i wish i had an option for my v28 drill to reduce the weight (when i need a drill with some power).

Bosch used their heads IMO with that option

Comment

Working...
                              X