X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 1/2" framing saw

Has anyone heard anything about the new 6 1/2" framing saw looked at one today feels good nice and lite for working over your head.

You're talking about a corded 6 1/2" framing (circ?) saw? Most cordless circular saws are 6 1/2"

Comment

6 1/2" framing saw

Yes I'm talking corded saw one of the guys in the tool bin knows I'm a contractor and showed it to me. He said they had no warning of it it just showed up.

Comment

6 1/2 framing saw

Well I bought the saw about 2 weeks ago and just built a 16x32 deck for a customer cut everything with the new saw but the 4x4's. I wish they would have had this saw before I bought my worm drive saw. It's has ton's of power and feels like half the weight of my worm drive.

Comment

Q: Is this a Ridgid brand CS?

Not that I need another CS (I have four of various types) but what is the make and model number?
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

6 1/2 framing saw

Hi Bob D. yes it is a Ridgid saw model # R3203

Comment

TNX for the info Bob.

Now back to our regularly scheduled Turkey Day celebration :-)
              ---------------
              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
              ---------------
              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
              ---------
              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
              ---------
              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Too bad it's a Blade-Right!

Comment

Ridgid and Porter Cable

Porter Cable SAW BOSS 9 amps @ 9 pounds weight. 6" blade, Left Blade $164.99

Ridgid Framing Saw 13 amps @ 13.70 pounds weight. 6 1/2" blade, Right Blade $139.00

It seems Home Depot's website has the wrong specs for the 6 1/2" saw.
                  Last edited by jaco; 12-04-2006, 10:31 PM.

Comment

6 1/2" framing saw

The weight listed for the Ridgid saw is wrong the saw weights 8 pounds it sells $119.00 here in Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by ballistic bob View Post
                      The weight listed for the Ridgid saw is wrong the saw weights 8 pounds it sells $119.00 here in Canada.
                      Model R3203
                      I did list the correct specs for the this saw, as per:

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...ductOID=768886

Then there is the 7 1/4" saw
                      http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...ductOID=732238

Home Depot Website seems to have the specs wrong, as I have seen other websites talking about the 6 1/2" saw weighing around 8 pounds, can't believe everything one reads.
                      Last edited by jaco; 12-04-2006, 10:29 PM.

Comment

6 1/2" framing saw

Hi Jaco I should have been clearer I was not implying that you were wrong but that the web site info was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by ballistic bob View Post
                          Hi Jaco I should have been clearer I was not implying that you were wrong but that the web site info was wrong.
                          Hi Bob,

I was wrong at least from reading what was on the Home Depot site,
                          they are incorrect, I was comparing the two saws, I own the Porter Cable
                          and like the saw a lot but the New Ridgid you're talking about sounds very nice, being lightweight and powerful, more so that my Porter Cable and less $ too! Take care

Comment

Re: 6 1/2" framing saw

All the worm drive saws i've seen have a 7-1/4" blade, not a 6-1/2". Atleast that's how it is on the west coast. Everyone out here uses the Mag 77 with the 13 amp motor, but over the past couple of years more and more people are using the Bosch worm drive because of the 15 amp motor, built in hook, quick connect power cord, and it bevels to 50 degrees.
                            The Ridgid worm drive saw looks like it might be ok, but I don't know anyone who owns one, but it weight 2 pounds more. That two pounds sucks when you're lifting that saw to make cuts all day long.
                            That's my 2 cents.

Comment

Re: 6 1/2" framing saw

you said it newman

Comment

Working...
                              X