Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Heavy?

Hey All!

How heavy are the 24 v. XLI drill, and MaxSelect jig saw? I can't find this information anywhere, toll site, PDF, etc.

Best

Ari

Hi Ari, I can't answer your question but I just wanted to say it's been way to long since we've last heard from you. Whats it been, about a year? Hope all has been well. Don't be such a stranger OK?
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Hey Dave!

Thanks a lot! I have been hyper-mega busy this last 12 months creating a new business and the last one... Now things are more calm so it's time to be back to the places I like, like this one, to see my friends.

About the Ridgid tools I asked, there are no info on the specs needer in the operator's manuals. A bit stranger hum? Thats why I'm asking.

OK Dave, best for you and your family and it was very nice to hear from you again.

Ari

Comment

I don't have any specifics on the jig saw, but i do own the 18v nicad cordless jig saw. Its the best jig saw I've ever used. Its heavier (a subjective evaluation) than anything like it i've used in the past, but well balanced and cut through 3/4" cdx ply like a hot knife through butter. Since I've heard the xli batteries are no heavier than the 18v nicads, the max select should handle much like mine. Except for the need for a wrench to angle the base, it's a really great tool.
        there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

The new 24V weighs about 1/2lb less than 18V.

Originally posted by Ari View Post
          Hey All!

How heavy are the 24 v. XLI drill, and MaxSelect jig saw? I can't find this information anywhere, toll site, PDF, etc.

Best

Ari
          The 18V (R841150) with handle and depth gauge and 1.9AmpHr battery weighs about 7 and a half pounds. The 24Volt weighs just under 7 lbs. Unfortunately, they deleted the depth gauge and bit holders from it...which might explain most of the weight savings.

Comment

Working...
          X