X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutting Nice Curves w/ 3650 :-(

Setting up my TS3650. Everything seems to be parallel and square... blade... fence... etc. Test cuts pull away from the fence at the back (worse with the balde guard on) which leaves me with less than straight work. Am I still not seeing that the blade isn't parallel to the mitre slots and fence?
    ...JC

Try watching these Vids.> http://www.ts-aligner.com/videos.htm I have this unit myself for setting things up> http://www.in-lineindustries.com/alineit.basic.html But I want to get the one in the first link , it has all its set up vids rite on there website . Watch and learn. good luck.
    Originally posted by chaconas View Post
    Setting up my TS3650. Everything seems to be parallel and square... blade... fence... etc. Test cuts pull away from the fence at the back (worse with the balde guard on) which leaves me with less than straight work. Am I still not seeing that the blade isn't parallel to the mitre slots and fence?
    Last edited by American and Proud; 11-04-2006, 08:44 PM.

Comment

If its worse with the blade guard on, your splitter is either angled or too far left of the blade. If it does it without the blade guard also, your fence is not aligned correctly or your blade is not aligned to the miter slot.
      Sounds like you have a combination of the above problems. Start with aligning the blade to the miter slot. 2nd, align the fence to the blade and miter slot. 3rd, center the splitter behind the blade and ensure it is not canted to either side.
      Setting it up takes some time and patience, but exactness at this stage will greatly improve the saw's performance. Aligning the splitter can be a bit tedious, but is a necessary operation. I lay two straight edges (i.e. carpenters squares, etc) on each side of the blade and make sure the splitter doesn't deflect either from resting flat on the blade. Ensure the straight edge is against the core of the blade and not against any of the teeth. Check again after tightening the splitter mount screws. If the splitter cannot be moved far enough to one side to make this happen, there are also bolts that attach the splitter mount to the main assembly. The slots are elongated so you can move them slightly left or right. Also, make sure the splitter is vertical. The same screws are that adjustment. If the splitter is tilted to the left, the straight edge test will be okay, but a thicker piece of wood will be pushed out by the splitter. Check it with a square set on the table.

Hope this helps

Go
      Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Many thanks... the micrometer sure beats eyeballing and marking marks scraps of paper. I've been fussing with it a little this morning and have seen some improvement, so there's hope . The method of working with the splitter/guard sounds great. I'll tackle that once the alignment is worked out. Patience seems like the toughest part to overcome, but I agree... taking the time now is important. Thanks for the responses and insight.

...JC
        ...JC

Comment

Unfortunately it could also be a case of operator error. When ripping, you should be applying light pressure to the workpiece so that the piece is being pushed into and along the length the fence.
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

could be a little of that too.
            ...JC

Comment

You'll get it, take your time, the tablesaw is simple yet very complex, you dont want to rush it, double check your adjustments with the micrometer then Recheck them to be sure. Once you have it all set up , make sure you follow all the safety rules as they can be VERY Dangerous, only takes a split second to get hurt.Be SAFE, USE your guards and use push stick and paddles. Don't stand directly inline with the saws blade as "kickback" can shoot the wood back at you fiercly. It's scarey , and the human reflexes cant react as fast as it happens ,KEEP those fingers, not trying to scare you, just use it wisly and above all SAFELY.

Comment

Working...
              X