Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

It's Orange. Why does it have to be Orange?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Orange. Why does it have to be Orange?

Not that looks have anything to do with how a tool works, but I hate the color of the 3650.

THE COLOR IS NOT THAT GREAT AND NOT VERY IMPORTANT TO ME. I HAVE BEEN IN THE RIDGE FACTORY FOR TRAINING. I HAVE SEEN ALL THE MACHINES THEY MAKE(THREADING).THIS IS RIDGID! THE POWER TOOLS ARE NOT RIDGID.ALL THEY HAVE DONE IS SOLD THERE NAME AND SOME ONE ELSE IS MANUFACTORING THEM. SURE SOME HAVE EMERSON MOTORS THATS GOOD BUT THE NEW LINE OF POWER TOOLS IS JUST THE NAME. I HOPE THEY DO WELL. BUT I WILL NOT BUY THEM.

Comment

hey jon,
      cool it with the ALL CAPS. It means that you are yelling, and it is hard for the rest of us to read.
      I understand your irritation with the color. Perhaps once we see some color pictures, not colorized pictures, or see the tools up close we will look at them differently. Let's face facts, this is a decision that can not be easily reversed. Nor will the rancor of the 99 regulars (who incidently already own their tools) impact the millions of dollars of sales that will be made. So the options are:
      1)Boycott them
      2)Buy them, try them, take them back
      3)Buy them, try them, keep them, and paint them
      4)Buy them, try them, keep them, tolerate the color
      5) Buy them, try them, keep them, decide you like the color.
      BrandMan seems convincing that the manufacturing will be to RIDGID standards. So I intend to choose a couple of them, buy one in October, beat the snot out of it until New Years, then take it back rent free, or keep it with the new Lifetime Service Warantee. If I like it, I may buy another, but if so, it will be before the end of December. Then I'll let them prove themselves.
      Most everything you buy today is manufactured in whole or in part by someone else. The only thing that matters is who stands behind it.
      In this case, however, it appears it will not be RIDGID.
      If it don\'t fit, force it. If it breaks, \'needed fixin\' anyhow. 8{~

Comment

I snatched up one of the 'last' 3612s, certainly the last one that the particular store had on hand. After thinking about it, in addition to getting a great deal on my saw, I'm very happy that it is Tan and not Orange. As pointed out, it is cosmetic, but wouldn't it be silly to have to paint a brand new saw?
        Ned<br /><br />Madison Woodsmith<br /><br />Masonry: 2B1ASK1

Comment

well you were indeed fortunate to get a 3612, I spent a couple months messing with that ridiculous home depot and never did get the 3612!! Jerk outfit!
          \"Aarrgh, sliver me timbers\"<br /><a href=\"http://www.picturetrail.com/daviddunlap\" target=\"_blank\">www.picturetrail.com/daviddunlap</a>

Comment

Working...
          X