BS14002 bandsaw a poor choice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BS14002 bandsaw a poor choice

I know one gets what he pays for, however I did not expect to get quite a bit less. No problem solving help from Ridgid and the people at HD have not so much as a clue.

Mike

What seems to be the problem? I was considering purchasing the Ridgid drill press!!!
    Everyone thinks there problems are more important than yours!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Denny View Post
      I know one gets what he pays for, however I did not expect to get quite a bit less. No problem solving help from Ridgid and the people at HD have not so much as a clue.
      I have owned the bandsaw for 4 years now. Never had a problem. Works as advertised. Of course I would love to have a bigger and better one, but they come with a bigger price tag. I have done a lot of resawing. Buying a better blade made a lot of difference in the operation of the bandsaw.

Comment

Bs14002

The blade pulleys are not coplanar and the shaft the upper bearing guide rides on is way off perpindicular.

Comment

Mike, do a "search" theres plenty on the bandsaw issues on here. That bandsaw seems to be a 50/50 crap shoot . I own one.

Comment

Take it back to HD, add a couple hundred and buy a different saw. My BS1400 is several years old and no problems except a broken tension spring. Ridgid CS sent me a new one in a couple days and back in business.

Comment

Sad

Originally posted by American and Proud View Post
              ...That bandsaw seems to be a 50/50 crap shoot...
              That's exactly what I was thinking when I was going to buy one. I thought "I wonder if this one is a good one" and then figured don't take the chance.

Which is sad, I don't think you should be "hoping" a product is good or not.

FSK

Comment

The wheels need to be adjusted to be coplaner.
                I've had mine for about 3 years. My only complaint is that it is underpowered, but that is merely a function of money.
                The stock blade should be used only in the initial setup, then throw it away and buy a good blade, it makes the world of difference. I bought a timberwolf for resawing and after installing and tuning the saw I got zero drift. I also suspect they made quite a few lemons. However, I dont care how good a BS you buy, if you dont tune it properly it will not cut well.
                www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Working...
                X