Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quality never goes out of style.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Quality never goes out of style.

    Hello all! It's been several months since I was active here and glad to be back! Great info as always - thanks.
    It seems I'm a cold weather woodworker. Other work deadlines have been completed and it's time to get back to woodworking...

    Just want to share something regarding quality tools. Last year I searched, posted and found much info about Forest WWII blades. I purchased one about 6 months ago and it was not mounted until yesterday on my 3650.

    Holy crap! I never knew cuts could be so easy and precise. It was just 3/4 oak but it is absolutely unbelieveable how it went through like butter.

    I'm only sorry it has taken this long to try my new blade. Next up, I need to break out the Freud Stacked Dado I bought 6 months ago as well!

    Thanks for all the great info here.
    Skip
    Stay well and play well.
    Skip

  • #2
    Originally posted by skipsax View Post
    Hello all! It's been several months since I was active here and glad to be back! Great info as always - thanks.
    It seems I'm a cold weather woodworker. Other work deadlines have been completed and it's time to get back to woodworking...

    Just want to share something regarding quality tools. Last year I searched, posted and found much info about Forest WWII blades. I purchased one about 6 months ago and it was not mounted until yesterday on my 3650.

    Holy crap! I never knew cuts could be so easy and precise. It was just 3/4 oak but it is absolutely unbelieveable how it went through like butter.

    I'm only sorry it has taken this long to try my new blade. Next up, I need to break out the Freud Stacked Dado I bought 6 months ago as well!

    Thanks for all the great info here.
    Skip
    Great blade. I picked one up myself on sale @ Amazon about 2-months ago. Cuts are very clean. One of the biggest factors in my decision to buy the blade is that I can drop it off at Forrest Mfg to be resharpened (I live in NJ).

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by skipsax View Post
      Holy crap! I never knew cuts could be so easy and precise. It was just 3/4 oak but it is absolutely unbelievable how it went through like butter.
      It's always a nice feeling when you buy something and it works even better than you expected it too, isn't it?
      Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."
      ------- Henry Ford

      Comment


      • #4
        I had the same reaction to my WWII. Congrats on grabbing a great general purpose blade!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by MrZ View Post
          Great blade. I picked one up myself on sale @ Amazon about 2-months ago. Cuts are very clean. One of the biggest factors in my decision to buy the blade is that I can drop it off at Forrest Mfg to be resharpened (I live in NJ).
          Nice! You can then go across the street to Rutt's Hut for a Jersey dog.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by CheekyMonkeyWrench View Post
            Nice! You can then go across the street to Rutt's Hut for a Jersey dog.
            Yesssssss!!!!! My plan exactly.

            Comment


            • #7
              Well here it is...the first project using solid oak and the Forrest blade.
              Stay well and play well.
              Skip

              Comment


              • #8
                Pic might help!

                oops. Pic might help!
                Stay well and play well.
                Skip

                Comment


                • #9
                  Pic here.

                  I have great intentions. Just can't seem to press the "upload" button!
                  Attached Files
                  Stay well and play well.
                  Skip

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by skipsax View Post
                    I have great intentions. Just can't seem to press the "upload" button!
                    Nice work!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Thanks MrZ...I'm learning...
                      Stay well and play well.
                      Skip

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X