Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need some information about dust collectors

hi
    i'm studing Mechanical Engineering and this year i need to do a project.
    the project that i'm going to do is a dust collection system for a table saw.
    i need some information about the types of wood dust collectors. A bout the single stage and about the dual stage. can anyone give me some information about the single and the dual stage. and what advantages and disadvantages that they have ??
    if you have some sites that are helpful for my project please tell me about them too.

thanks a lot.
    F.cesare

Penn State has all kinds of info and systems you can check out. http://www.pennstateind.com/

Comment

Here you go Bill Pentz has a ton of research to read through, enjoy> http://billpentz.com/woodworking/cyclone/index.cfm
      Originally posted by BARBO View Post
      hi
      the project that i'm going to do is a dust collection system for a table saw.
      i need some information about the types of wood dust collectors. A bout the single stage and about the dual stage. can anyone give me some information about the single and the dual stage. and what advantages and disadvantages that they have ??
      if you have some sites that are helpful for my project please tell me about them too.

thanks a lot.
      F.cesare

Comment

Regarding Dust Collectors

Originally posted by BARBO View Post
        hi
        My suggestion is to get your M.E. degree and THEN go to Bill Pentz' website .... seriously, by far the best site out there!

Comment

Originally posted by geoloh View Post
          My suggestion is to get your M.E. degree and THEN go to Bill Pentz' website .... seriously, by far the best site out there!
          Bill Pentz website is indeed a good place to get information on wood dust collection. However, he has what a lot of people consider an exaggerated perception of the health risks of wood dust exposure. When he talks machinery he gives solid information. When he talks health risks, he offers his opinions and those of his personal physician as if they were documented facts. If you really get interested in the health issue, don't just take his word for it. Obtain the studies to which he refers and read them for yourself. I found the evidence to be unconvincing. There are other studies that show little risk of low concentration wood dust exposure.

Comment

PSSSSST hey . it's a school project, let him/her LEARN!!!!!
            Originally posted by artmann View Post
            Bill Pentz website is indeed a good place to get information on wood dust collection. However, he has what a lot of people consider an exaggerated perception of the health risks of wood dust exposure. When he talks machinery he gives solid information. When he talks health risks, he offers his opinions and those of his personal physician as if they were documented facts. If you really get interested in the health issue, don't just take his word for it. Obtain the studies to which he refers and read them for yourself. I found the evidence to be unconvincing. There are other studies that show little risk of low concentration wood dust exposure.

Comment

Working...
            X