no oil flow in pipe cutter ??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no oil flow in pipe cutter ??

I have a stationary Rigid cutter threader machine and the oil only flows in reverse .... could there be some kind of obstruction or it a gasket in pump??

Whats the model of the threader. if you got an old threader than you got a model a oil pump and it can be rebuilt. check all your lines for any holes that can cause and oil leak. other than that you need repair kits.
    A fishing pole is the best cordless tool!

Comment

I don't have a stationary cutter, but I would check to see if hoses are hooked up back ward, It would sound like the pump is running backward, and thus in reverse it is pumping oil,
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

I took a look at the main ridgid site, and most all the power units use what is called a gerotor pump, that is a pump that has a housing a stator that is toothed and a eccentric ring that one more tooth slot than the stator,

depending on the if it is to be a auto reversing pump,

if it is not then the pump may have been disassembled and but back to gether internally back wards or upside down thus pumping in reverse , if it is a auto reversing gerotor than the eccentric ring is stuck in the reverse side. if the hoses are correctly connected,

http://www.vianenterprises.com/Uses1.htm
        "REVERSIBILITY FEATURE Changing the direction of rotation of a gerotor pump changes the direction of flow. Changing the eccentricity of a gerotor pump 180° also reverses flow. If eccentricity is changed 180° with each reversal of rotation, direction of flow will remain unchanged. This is accomplished by using a free turning eccentric ring with stop pin in housing to limit rotation of 180° either way. A simple Friction drive between outer rotor and eccentric ring assures proper positioning of the ring to maintain direction of flow unchanged regardless of drive direction reversals."

I am making the conclusion on the type of pump it possibly has and the principals of the pump, and not on knowing the machine it self,
        Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
        attributed to Samuel Johnson
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Oil Pump

I have encoutered this problem alot with the model A oil pumps,they are in the older 535 machenes. the rotor blade gets worn on the one side,but when you put the machine in reverse it will pump great that is because the rotor blade is not worn when oumping in reverse.this is a easy fix.pump kit #91055 gives you everything you need to rebuild it. it takes me about 8 to 10 min.now the newer model 535 have the MJ oil pump,which is a gerotor pump,now if this is your pump and you say it only works in reverse well,your gerotor is made of steel and the gerotor housing is made of alum,so your housing may be worn out.your valve body may be dirty and you can get a kit for that.kit #61977,the gerotor housing is part#62002.now if you have a modle 1224 threaderthe pump is a ML gerotor pump and same applies as the MJ.The ML service kit#33422,and the gerotor housing #33482.thats about it unless you have another model.
          A fishing pole is the best cordless tool!

Comment

Working...
          X