X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Herc-U-Lift

It seems that the Herc-u-Lift has been discontinued. I called Ridgid and that was the answer I got, though it is still sold with their tablesaws! Does anyone know where I can find one, other than on E-Bay? The going price on E-Bay appears to be $75-$80. I have tried a couple of HD in the area, but they were all sold in their clearance sale this summer (for $17.95 no less!). Or maybe someone might know of a comparable system.

Glad I picked up 5 of the Herc U Lift Plus's @ $14.70 each, while they were clearancing them, if I had know theyd be going that high i'd have bought all I could find! One store I was in when I was buying the last one of mine had like 7 left, darn it. I still have 3 unopened but saving them for future tools.

Comment

Waaaa!

Yes, Proud American, I have read similar stories on the web as I was researching mobile bases, and I was hoping one of you guys who snapped them all up at that rediculously low price might show a little pity on a cash strapped woodworker with a new, small shop, and one large tablesaw.

On the other hand, if I probably wouldn't let them go, seeing as Ridgid doesn't seem to be making them any more- or maybe they're redesigning them- does anyone know?

Comment

Try EVERY HD in your area drive to them all, you just might get Lucky and find one at the $14.70 price still. IF I see one in my area i'll pick it up for you, but the others I have are waiting for purchased tools and future ones as well ,Look under the shelves in the tool corral sometimes things get lost down there , and don't be affraid to ASK at each one, one maybe just sitting collecting dust yet. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Beesneeze View Post
          I was hoping one of you guys who snapped them all up at that rediculously low price might show a little pity on a cash strapped woodworker with a new, small shop, and one large tablesaw

Bees,

cash strapped, living in Newburyport.....I don't buy it one bit you lucky son of a gun

JK, I'll be on the look-out for one.

Comment

cash strapped, living in Newburyport.....I don't buy it one bit you lucky son of a gun
            Perhaps this EXPLAINS why he is cash-strapped.....

When in doubt, unplug the saw.

Comment

Well, I am a lucky son of a gun, because I married a woman smart enough to buy a house back when it was "affordable". But on the otherhand, we just had to "de-lead" the house, as our 3yr old daughter had lead poisoning. We did the job ourselves, which included removing and replacing all of the woodwork, inside and out. And from those of you with young kids, who live in an old house in Massachusetts, have your kids tested by a private company in NH. You do not want the State mandating a clean-up. That, and wash and vacuum your old windows / sills every spring before you open them - because 99% of kids get lead poisoning from this dust- not from eating paint!

Comment

I've got 2 HD's here in close driving distance

Give me a part number or SKU and I'll go to both of them and check these 4U to see if they have one.

Comment

I checked here in the Orlando area today. The guy said they had 2 but couldn't find them. He looked it up and it said they still have one. I gave him my number and he is going to look for it. I will check the other one if I can tomorrow.

Comment

The sku is #352522 . If you can find them, I'd gladly take one for whatever you think is fair-but I'd buy as many as you can, and unload them on E-Bay. Though there are usually quite a few listed, they all seem to sell.

Comment

Couldn't Wait

Well guys thanks for the help; but I couldn't wait and I bought one on E-Bay for $80.00.

It wasn't too easy to install on my Jet/ Powermatic hybrid yardsale saw, as its base is just 23 x 21, but it did fit. Funny, the instructions say that the smallest base it will fit is 24 x 24, but all I had to do was put the cross bar on the upper frame on top of the frame, rather than below as per the instructions, and it fit and works like a dream.

And to those who do not know the wonders a herc-u-lift can bring to your tablesaw life, I say do it! YOu won't regret it Even for $80.00 it is well worth it.

Comment

None Here...!

Just checked at my local Home Depot (Rogers, AR) and they don't have any here or in any of their District. That's pretty much anything inside of a 200 mile radius from here....so, Northwest Arkansas, Southwest Missouri, Northeast Oklahoma, and Southeast Kansas are out. The clearance date was May, 2006 so they're pretty picked over by now...

Just an FYI...

Don Tolbert

Comment

Working...
                        X