My first project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first project

Just finished this a day or two ago, and got it put into the house last night. If I had it all to do again, I'd do a couple things differently, but I have to say, I'm pretty happy!!

Check out some more pictures on my website: www.jasonrichardtaylor.com
    Attached Files
    ~tig
    www.jasonrichardtaylor.com

Nice job tig! I like it. It looks as though the tables on each side are built as part of the headboard, is that the case or just the way it appears in the photo? If so are the hung on the wall or do they stand on the floor? It's difficult to see int he photo cause it is in shadow near the floor.
    "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
      Nice job tig! I like it. It looks as though the tables on each side are built as part of the headboard, is that the case or just the way it appears in the photo? If so are the hung on the wall or do they stand on the floor? It's difficult to see int he photo cause it is in shadow near the floor.
      You're correct in that they hang from the headboard, and are "floating" over the floor.
      ~tig

Comment

Very nice work. Down south, we have to be content with laminants as the solid stuff is simply priced beyond belief.

Anyone going on vacation (down here) that wants to bring some nice lumber....let me know!!!

(We did get to the freezing mark night before last)
        When in doubt, unplug the saw.

Comment

Very nice, clean look and the wall finish highlights the walnut extremely well. Excellent job. Is a matching dog bed in the works?

Comment

Originally posted by Jim - TEG View Post
            Very nice, clean look and the wall finish highlights the walnut extremely well. Excellent job. Is a matching dog bed in the works?
            Actually, we will be keeping the kennels, as they are both kennelled during the day while we are at work (however, I come home every day for lunch, so it's much easier on them). However, my wife does want me to build something to go around the kennels, to make them look more like a piece of furniture. I've got to think this one through....

However, there will be no "doggie" tempurpedic mattresses. That's where I draw the line....
            ~tig

Comment

However, there will be no "doggie" tempurpedic mattresses. That's where I draw the line....

LOL!!!

My poochie took over my 2 year old lazy boy to the point of having to buy another one. She likes hers and don't bother with mine. Funny that...
              When in doubt, unplug the saw.

Comment

Working...
              X