X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning Cast TS Top

Hi All, My wife came down into the shop the other night carrying a hot pizza still in it's delivery box. Before I could see what she was doing she set it on top of my new Dewalt TS. I had that pizza off the TS within seconds, but, it still left a giant stain. How can I remove it? It almost looks like rust. I've tried Windex and lighter fluid. Neither did much to remove it.

Any ideas

Try WD 40 and a kitchen scrubing pad.
    Scott

Comment

I hope you did not yell at you wife! If you did you got bigger problems than a stain on your table saw. If you are like most of us, the wife is the one who puts her blessing on getting new tools and whether you get to use your tool , if you get my drift.

BUCKO

Comment

It happens. I use simple green or whatever and eventually, it will go away.

Eric

Comment

Bucko, I wouldn't dare yell at her for the stain. She bought me the saw!

Comment

mineral spirits and a green scour pad is a way to go! you then should either put on a coat of paste wax or Topcote to protect it. the movers did not pack my ts and jointer properly and they rusted. took a green scour pad and cut it in a circle, put it under my orbital sander, and went to town. took a little doing but it cleaned it up and it looks great. good luck
            \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

Comment

Working...
            X