X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dado blade Arbor width

I'm looking for a dado blade(s) for my TS-3612 table saw, and I'm seeing arbor width requirements on some of the blades. I couldn't find the arbor length spec anywhere in the manual.
    Come to think about it, I never saw the arbor diameter spec either! I'm pretty sure that I can use just about any dado set, but I thought I would ask.
    Thanks,
    Gene

[ 02-13-2003, 04:51 PM: Message edited by: WM5E ]

Your arbor has a 5/8" diameter.
    The length of your arbor will accomodate most any dado set.
    I use the Frued set I picked up at Home Depot the day I got my saw. It was just under 100 bucks and it's a good set.
    I've maxed the dado stack to the limit using all chippers and shims for plowing out wide grooves and there was plenty of shaft.
    John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

The max dado on the table saws is 13/16. Just a quick note, when you cutting a full width dado, you will not use the outer blade collar to mount the set, only the blade nut.

Jake

Comment

I have also learn with the dado at full with you can't make a 3/8" deep cut in one pass. It has to be done in two passes!
        Andy B.

Comment

Andy, you may want to check the belt tension or slow down your cut. I have no problems cutting a full width dado (3/8" deep) in one pass. I move about half the speed as I nomally do when making a regular cut on full size blade.

Comment

Agree with Mike, but I usually make a clean-up, second pass just to be sure. Slow and easy, and keep your hands to the sides of the blade---never over the blade as a kick-back could result in a serious injury.
            Dave

Comment

Working...
            X