Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mcshenker,

Thanks for the update.

I agree with you on the fence, the Bosch seemed to bounce around alot as it travelled along the rail while the Rigid felt smooth and had far less play in it. Whether or not this had any effect on it being parralel to the blade after clamping, who knows, but it did give me a little more confidence in its design.

Hope to buy the 2400 in the next week or so.

Comment

This is an excellent and detailed review. I'm also partial to the 2400 over the Bosch. It just seems like the heavier duty of the two machines,and it's even priced lower right now.

The fence on the 2400 is very good and will do it's job well, but I disagree that it's as good as any fence on any contractor saw and some cabinet saws, though it may edge some of the older and poorer examples. The Biesemeyer fence and good copies of it are available on several contractor saws. There are a few contractor saw fences on the market that I think are inferior to the 2400's but many are better IMO. Contractor saw fences are longer than the 2400's which offers some advantages in some situations. The Biese style fence is more rugged and will simply hold up to heavy use over time better than the aluminum fence on the 2400. Which one a person likes best is a matter of preference, but I'd guess that most people who have used both fences prefer the Biese.

Comment

Awesome thread

I just bought my 2400LS last night and can't wait to play with it this weekend.

I am interested in making a router table insert for it and someone on this forum was nice enough to send a link to an old thread but i have a couple of questions:

1. Can i drill into the sides of the table to mount an auxilary router table insert? What can I use to drill the hole? Do you think its possible to tap it for a bolt or is the aluminum too soft?

2. Anyone have any detailed plans for a router insert or some good close up pics of how you made one?

3. Anyone have any detailed plans or pictures of fence accessories they made?

Thanks

Comment

Awesome Thread

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just bought my 2400LS last night and can't wait to play with it this weekend.

I am interested in making a router table insert for it and someone on this forum was nice enough to send a link to an old thread but i have a couple of questions:

1. Can i drill into the sides of the table to mount an auxilary router table insert? What can I use to drill the hole? Do you think its possible to tap it for a bolt or is the aluminum too soft?

2. Anyone have any detailed plans for a router insert or some good close up pics of how you made one?

3. Anyone have any detailed plans or pictures of fence accessories they made?

Thanks

Comment

Thank you for all of your effort , the review was excellent . I am sure anyone interested can now decide more easily thanks Anthony

Comment

Working...
            X