Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with a ridgid table saw.

I finally got my saw assembled today:
    http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l8...e/PICT0099.jpg

but when setting it up i put the belt guard on and raised it all the way up and the belt is hitting the top of the cover:

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l8...e/PICT0100.jpg

book doesn't say how to correct this if it does hit, but it tells you to check for it.

it only does it with it fully extended.

how do i correct this?

link to the pics since the are to big to post

Originally posted by john a View Post
    I finally got my saw assembled today:
    http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l8...e/PICT0099.jpg

but when setting it up i put the belt guard on and raised it all the way up and the belt is hitting the top of the cover:

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l8...e/PICT0100.jpg

book doesn't say how to correct this if it does hit, but it tells you to check for it.

it only does it with it fully extended.

how do i correct this?

link to the pics since the are to big to post
    This might sound crazy, but, the spinning belt will make short work of creating its clearance on the belt guard. (don't ask me how I know this )
    Phil
    Tools Rule

Comment

same thing i was thinking it. it only hits with the blade fully extended. which i don't think i will have it that far out much.

Comment

The belt should not hit the belt guard regardless of what the height of the blade is set at. You need to go back and repeat the installation instructions for the belt installation and the belt guard installation. Just a WAG but it could be that you didn't have the blade fully lowered or the bevel set at zero degrees when you initially installed the belt.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I just looked mine over and I think you have the belt to tight. With the blade all the way up loosen belt till it clears cover and you should be ok.
          SSG, U.S. Army
          Retired
          K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Mine does not hit..but how I adjusted the tension was this:

With the blade all of the way down, the motor spring is almost fully extended. I think I am less than a 1/4 inch from the motor being bottomed out, fully loose belt.

Two really NICE things about this:

-A

the belt does not touch the guard.

-B

if you accidently bind the blade, the belt can be "thrown off" instead of burning it up. I had this happen once and no damage to the belt, blade, motor, cables or circuit. I did this test with a new belt in hand to see "what happens". The belt was NEATLY thrown aside and I have NO loss of power even with the blade 1/8th inch up from the base of the blade slot.

All you need is to have a paying job..have the belt break or get burned up and be without a saw.

Under no circumstances should you ever have the blade more than 1/8" above your cutting material. I only once went to full extention and this was to cut some material that needed to be clamped in place and the blade raised into said material for the 'type cut' I was doing.

Hope this is somewhat helpful.

The belt is grooved..so having it "really tight" is not needed at all heights is not needed.
            When in doubt, unplug the saw.

Comment

PS, I don't know how...but your guard looks UPSIDE DOWN from mine and mine does not touch at all.
              When in doubt, unplug the saw.

Comment

This might sound crazy, but, the spinning belt will make short work of creating its clearance on the belt guard.
                (don't ask me how I know this )
                It will make 'short work' of your power cord too if you throw it back there on top of the motor....which btw looked like a good place to put the excess cord length.
                Ya'll can guess how I know this.

Comment

I think the guard is rotated 90 degrees from where it should be. Don't see how it could be installed upside down. Looking at it from the pulley side of the motor, rotate it counter-clockwise 90 degrees.

Go
                  Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Hey John, I got a TS3650 about 2 weeks ago. Took me a couple of days or so (on and off) to get it all together. The floor debris around the table saw in your photos look familiar! LOL!

Funny, I also had a problem with the belt slipping off at first, but it was just that it wasn't seated on the pulley inside the saw. Once I fixed that, the problem went away.

Awesome Saw!!

Comment

Working...
                    X