MS1250 Compound Miter problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MS1250 Compound Miter problems

I have a problem with my MS1250 blade nut loosening after about 10-12 cuts. I have tried to tighten it as much as I could but still happens. Has anyone had this problem? The saw also makes a buzzing sound on startup. Once running at full speed works great. My work schedule doesn't allow much time to bring it anywhere for a check up so I was hoping to find a possible solution here. Thanks ahead...
    If at first you don't succeed, try reading the owners manual.

Are you using the exactline laser? If so try removing it and use the other bolt and blade washer that came with the saw to see if the problem goes away.
    SSG, U.S. Army
    Retired
    K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

That's when it happened first time. I figured since I had everything apart to tighten up the nut, I would change to the exectline laser. Still does it. I can try chcnging back and see what happens. Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

I did as suggested and changed the Laser back to the original bolt and washer. The noise is gone, I guess the balance of the laser wasn't right. Only time will tell if the bolt stays tight. I will update more later. Thanks for the help.

Comment

amc, I had the exact same problem on my new saw (same as yours). The blade got so loose, it wasn't even turning on the arbor before I noticed it. I haven't used it much since then, but have not had a problem in the few times I have used it since I followed up on a few suggestions given to me on another site (bt3Central).

The one thing I was not doing was: leaving the saw in the down position and letting the brake stop the blade turning. I would cut the piece, then immediately let the saw lift back up before the blade stopped turning (this was one of the suggestions given to me). Since I have started holding the saw down until the blade stops turning, the blade has not loosened up on me since.

I don't know why, but, at least to me, I think this has fixed my problem.
          hth, Frank

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. I don't let the saw blade stop in the down position, all the time, either. I'll have to start doing that. I did notice the hard buzzing noise at start up went away when I changed back to the original bolt and washer, from an earlier suggestion. Not really sure why but it worked. Thanks...

Comment

Re: MS1250 Compound Miter problems

I know this reply is V E R Y late judging by the dates on the original posts. However, I have double checked with RIDGID and the MS1250 CANNOT accept a laser attachment.

I believe they said it was due to the length of the arbor and the safety shields etc.

Comment

Re: MS1250 Compound Miter problems

Originally posted by Umpire.20 View Post
                I know this reply is V E R Y late judging by the dates on the original posts. However, I have double checked with RIDGID and the MS1250 CANNOT accept a laser attachment.

I believe they said it was due to the length of the arbor and the safety shields etc.
                This is both correct and incorrect. The older 1250's (I own one) that did not come with an exactaline laser cannot be retro fitted with one. The newer 1250's come with the laser.
                SSG, U.S. Army
                Retired
                K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Working...
                X