Rockler Mobil Base for Jointer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rockler Mobil Base for Jointer?

I am looking for a mobile base for my Ridgid jointer. I know that people like the Herc U lift, but $80 on e-bay is a little pricey for me. I found this one at the Rockler site for $45 with free shipping. Anybody tried it? Or know of a better deal?

Link is below, and if I did it correctly - maybe a picture. Thanks

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=2383

Maybe I have the picture attached now ....
    Attached Files

Comment

First the Herc u lift will not work on the jointer. The base you are looking at is very simular to the Delta base that I bought at Lowes for my jointer. At first I wasn't that happy with the base but after bolting the jointer to the base it was great.
      SSG, U.S. Army
      Retired
      K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

I have a couple of similar bases to those Rockler ones and they work very well. I have substituted 1-1/2" steel channel in place of the wood on mine and they are rock solid.
        Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."
        ------- Henry Ford

Comment

OK. Thanks

Comment

Consider making one

I made one from 2X4's with a lap joint at each corner. Put a swivel caster on each corner. I drilled a 1 1/2 hole at each corner about 3/8'' deep for the leveling foot to fit in. This keeps the jointer firmly in place on the base. It is is stable and cheap.

Here is a picture.
            Attached Files
            Start off slow then taper off.

Comment

mpax,

How do you keep your floor so clean? I mean, I could actually see a reflection of the caster bracket!

I guess I gotta crack the whip on my kids to clean out the workshop.

Comment

greenandgrowing,
                I love the picture of your basset on the sofa. You can see my bassets at http://www.woebgonbassets.com
                Last edited by Don Bullock; 12-04-2006, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X