Rockler Mobil Base for Jointer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rockler Mobil Base for Jointer?

I am looking for a mobile base for my Ridgid jointer. I know that people like the Herc U lift, but $80 on e-bay is a little pricey for me. I found this one at the Rockler site for $45 with free shipping. Anybody tried it? Or know of a better deal?

Link is below, and if I did it correctly - maybe a picture. Thanks

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=2383

Maybe I have the picture attached now ....
    Attached Files

Comment

First the Herc u lift will not work on the jointer. The base you are looking at is very simular to the Delta base that I bought at Lowes for my jointer. At first I wasn't that happy with the base but after bolting the jointer to the base it was great.
      SSG, U.S. Army
      Retired
      K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

I have a couple of similar bases to those Rockler ones and they work very well. I have substituted 1-1/2" steel channel in place of the wood on mine and they are rock solid.
        ================================================== ====
        ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

OK. Thanks

Comment

Consider making one

I made one from 2X4's with a lap joint at each corner. Put a swivel caster on each corner. I drilled a 1 1/2 hole at each corner about 3/8'' deep for the leveling foot to fit in. This keeps the jointer firmly in place on the base. It is is stable and cheap.

Here is a picture.
            Attached Files
            Start off slow then taper off.

Comment

mpax,

How do you keep your floor so clean? I mean, I could actually see a reflection of the caster bracket!

I guess I gotta crack the whip on my kids to clean out the workshop.

Comment

greenandgrowing,
                I love the picture of your basset on the sofa. You can see my bassets at http://www.woebgonbassets.com
                Last edited by Don Bullock; 12-04-2006, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X