X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extensions

I have an older model Ridgid table saw, model 2412, with the stamped steel wings. Has anybody ever replaced them with anything different? If so, with what? I've searched looking for a set of cast ones to no avail. Out of 4 thousand or so items on Ebay with the name Ridgid, I just found 2 sets of rails. The reason I want to replace them is I have never been able to get them perfectly flat. Any info on where to find some cast ones, or another work around would be greatly appreciated. BTW, Outdoordistributors.com is saying they can't get Ridgid parts anymore. I ordered some parts for my planer a couple months ago from them. That's a shame. TIA all!

Well, if you cannot get the CI wings, you could always replace one extension with a router table wing and the other with a sliding table.
    Only a surfer knows the feeling. Billabong ca. 1985 or so

Comment

Try this place, AFAIK, they still sell Ridgid parts. Their prices are usually better than buying from the Ridgid Parts website.

EDIT: The part number listed for the extension table in the owners manual for my TS3612 is 824609-2. If you type in RIDGID 824609-2 in the Search box, at the M&D Mower site, it will bring up that part # with a cost of $91.19.
      Last edited by BadgerDave; 12-14-2006, 02:10 PM.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by JerryG View Post
        I have an older model Ridgid table saw, model 2412, with the stamped steel wings. Has anybody ever replaced them with anything different? If so, with what? I've searched looking for a set of cast ones to no avail. Out of 4 thousand or so items on Ebay with the name Ridgid, I just found 2 sets of rails. The reason I want to replace them is I have never been able to get them perfectly flat. Any info on where to find some cast ones, or another work around would be greatly appreciated. BTW, Outdoordistributors.com is saying they can't get Ridgid parts anymore. I ordered some parts for my planer a couple months ago from them. That's a shame. TIA all!
        try ordetree.com. i have a ts2424 and had to replace the arbor. they may the parts you are looking for.
        Kurt
        (Cool! I still have 10 fingers!)

Comment

I have an older model Ridgid table saw, model 2412, with the stamped steel wings. Has anybody ever replaced them with anything different? If so, with what?
          I have the same saw.
          I replaced both my wings with after market table extensions. They are made of square tube steel with HDF inserts, the right side has a router mounted.

I like them better that the stamped steel ones, but they aren't perfectly straight either. Constant tweeking is required.

Not sure what the best answer is.

Comment

Thanks guys

Thanks guys! I appreciate the responses.

Badger I emailed them to be sure of the price. Yup, 91 bucks a side. I was sure hoping it was a set!!!!

Ross, where did you get them? You wouldn't happen to have a picture would you? I've got a buddy that's a welder, hmmmmm.

Bird Dog, I'm assuming that's ordertree.com? I'll give them a shot. Thanks.

Roadrunner, I had thought about putting a router wing on the left side, but IMNSHO, the table saw is a little low for me to use a router on. I guess I'm used to mine being a bit higher that my fat belly. The right side is just about jammed up against the wall, so that's out. I got a really narrow shop, but it's deep!

Comment

Ross, where did you get them? You wouldn't happen to have a picture would you? I've got a buddy that's a welder, hmmmmm.

I bought them at one of the wood & tool shows.....can't remember the company name, but I'll find it and take some pictures for you

(right after I clean up the shop a bit )

Comment

Thanks Ross, I appreciate it.
                Clean up the shop huh? That's like making up a bed isn't it? !

Comment

Try this page, JerryG, for a couple extension tables - $300 for the cast iron and $180 for a plywood router table. http://tinyurl.com/tbad5 at amazon. Let us know what you did. I'm tempted to one of BenchDog's C.I. router tables. My attempts with Baltic Birch extensions haven't been very flat.
                  Later,
                  Chiz
                  Later,
                  Chiz

Comment

Working...
                  X