Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ridgid saw, wobbly blade

Hi,

I purchased a ridgid saw ts3650 a month ago. I noticed last week that the blade had a slight wobble. I tried a new blade thinking that the blade that came with the saw might be bad, but it still wobbles. Does anybody know if there is any way to fix this, or what the problem might be?

Ridgid has a 90day return at all HD's. You could take it to a SC but if it has only been a month or 2 then I would take it back and get a new one. That way you dont have to wait. I know it is a pain to load it up but that is what I would do.

Comment

If you can determine that the problem is runout with the arbor then I agree with bigworm, take it back and exchange it. You probably will end up having to take it to the service center anyway so why not start from scratch with a new saw and exchange it under the 90 day satisfaction guaranteed program.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Make sure the fixed arbor flange is clean, a chunk of pitch would make the blade wobble

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I took the blade off, and wiped the arbor with a rag. Seems to have made quite a difference. Wish I thought of that before.

I already returned a bad thickness planer two weeks ago. I really did not want to return the saw as well.

Comment

Working...
          X