X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bs 1400 parts

the blade adjusting knob stripped its threads. it's been backordered for over a month now and was wondering if anyone knew whether other brands would have a similar setup that i could use. i found threaded shafts that would fit but not square nuts.

I use a Quik-crank from Highland Woodworking.

I've been pleased with it so far. Makes it much easier to tension the blade.

Comment

perfect

thanks, just what i needed. i should have suspected a problem when the saw was new and the knob broke off. i started using a ratchet and it worked fine for over a year when the threads finally stripped.

Comment

Originally posted by lym View Post
        thanks, just what i needed. i should have suspected a problem when the saw was new and the knob broke off. i started using a ratchet and it worked fine for over a year when the threads finally stripped.
        GET THE ITURRA SPINNER 3 CRANK!!! You can order it directly from Iturra Designs and bypass the middleman and cost.
        I had the same problem with my stock tension rod and nut. RIDGID sent me a total of 3 and they all stripped (the last one had the wrong size nut).

YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED IN THE SPINNER 3. The branze nut is massive and teh thread are like what is on a would clamp. Ron

Comment

Working...
        X