X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• helpfull tool

now that I have a worth while saw ( 3650 ) I made a crosscut sled. All i can say is WOW!, that is a sweet jig/tool.Now to go finish the end tables and coffee table for mom-in-law before x-mas LOL.

Before Christmas?? I hope you're well on your way with those tables! Good luck and play safe. Incidentally, did you put the often-recommended clear plexiglass over a portion of the blade travel on the end of the sled closest to you? I haven't build one yet but it does look like the best way to cut accurately. Do you have any hints for proper fixture set-up?
    Later,
    Chiz

PS You'd better answer this *after* you get the tables done!
    Later,
    Chiz

Comment

I used 1x6 and made a box that looks like the letter "U" that jutes out from close side of jig, 6 inches.I like my digits rite where i was born with them hehe. Hope that helps.

Comment

post some pics and lets us see hellcat.... I have been wanting to make one of these myself. I would like to see others pics/ideas as well if there are any.

Comment

I second Dog's request - pics please.

NO PICS - DOSEN'T EXIST

Comment

as i said..... now back to making 3 tables before xmas. After that i will post pics of the jig and the tables. Be patient please as i am very busy and posting pics is not top priority sorry.Just give me a few more days and i will post pics .

Comment

ok I am done . here is a 2 birds with one stone......my crosscut sled that some wanted to see and my 3 tables done before christmas. whew long days but they are done. Also is a funny....my old saw to my new table saw that i got for x-mas ( early). enjoy and happy holidays to all. Um ok someone send me a set of instructions to insert pics please.Or just give me there email and ill send them over so you can upload pics.thxs..

Comment

Choose 'Post Reply" rather than "quick reply" and then drop down to "attach File" - manage attachmets. On the next scree, in the top window, browse to find the photos on your computer and hit "upload". Select the next window and repeat for another attachment. Be sure that you size them 600 x 600 or I think they'll be rejected as too big. I'll try to attach a project picture. - looks like it came through. Give it a shot. BTW, here's a neat freeware program for photo resizing that's very easy to use. http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm

Later,
                Chiz
                Attached Files
                Later,
                Chiz

Comment

hope this works. its my old saw adn my new saw with the cross-cut sled. and my 3 tables on my outfeed/work table behind new saw. crossing my fingers.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X