Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R2930 Ridgid Combo Router

Hello everyone,

Once again I had a great Christmas and Birthday, 12/31. My wife got me a DeWalt Random Orbital Sander and a R2930 Ridgid Router Combo Kit. After I got the router kit I found a magazine that list all the popular woodworking routers and their specifications. The only problem is they did not have any Ridgids listed. Are they all new or did I make a mistake not getting a DeWalt?
    -Daryle

===================================

It depends on the magazins you have in your area. I've had mine since 5/30/06 and love using it. When making dovetails the led's are really usefull to see the spots i missed with the first pass.

I picked Ridgid because i didn't like the spiral down style that dewalt and some others use.
    "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
    "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

The current issue of Fine Woodwoorking has a quick review of routers, mostly in reference to using them in a table and ease of adjustability/bit changes/power button. The Ridgid hit pretty low as I recall for bench use, but that was only one opinion. I do not own one myself. Many people on here who have bought one seem happy with it. That article did have a chart with 5 or 6 routers and specs listed, including the Ridgid.
      Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

This is my second router. I have a Craftsman that is now permanently in my router table and I have never had a plunge router. Tomorrow I will be starting a new project, a rocking chair for my wife. I can not wait to get started.
        -Daryle

===================================

Comment

Working...
        X