X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deal on Ridgid Jointer

The Home Depot website is advertising the JP0610 for $319.20 - internet special. I called my local store and they said that they would honor the online price, just bring in a printout from the webpage.

A good deal is anybody else out there is in the market for a decent 6" jointer. I just got the last one (with the exception of the floor model) from my local store.

You're lucky, my HD will never match their website prices. I've tried in the past to get them to do it but they won't. They do run a disclaimer to the effect that they won't match prices so I don't get too upset about it.

That $319.20 price is a great deal for anyone who can get a local HD to match it. Otherwise, if you add in the $120.00 freight charge the website charges it quickly becomes no so great of a deal.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Agreed - with shipping charges the good deal part goes away. This is the first time I've tried to get the local HD to match the web pricing - I guess I lucked out.

Comment

TIMFROMOHIO...You're going to love that jointer. I have a grey model, and its the sweetest way to make rabbets there is.
        there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Thanks - glad to hear that you guys have a good opinion of this tool.

Will pick up on the way home from work and can't wait. Had my wife go and pay for it so that I was sure I'd get it (last one in the store). Now all I need is a good planer ...

Comment

Rigid Jointer

I have enough Chrtistmas gift certificates to HD to get the jointer. I printed the web page and started calling all the Home Depots in my area and asked for the store manager. The first one said know but the second one said no problem, we will honor it. So I should have my new jointer this afternoon. Now to find a mobile base.

Comment

$320 is a great price for a nice new jointer.

Comment

I gotmy Ridgid jointer for $150 new, in the box. It was labelled "missing parts". When I got it home, all that was missing was the yellow safety key insert. One call to Ridgid and the missing part came a few weeks later at no cost. The jointer was marked down from $399.
                there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
                  I gotmy Ridgid jointer for $150 new, in the box. It was labelled "missing parts". When I got it home, all that was missing was the yellow safety key insert. One call to Ridgid and the missing part came a few weeks later at no cost. The jointer was marked down from $399.
                  YOU SUCK! (I hope you're aware that only those who get a deal as good as the one you got qualify for a "YOU SUCK". You have to EARN IT.)
                  Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Pretty sure that I posted this on another thread....
                    Last years HD Credit card deal was open new account get $100 off first
                    purchase. Bought the Jointer. Haven't used the card since. $240
                    “If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace” - Thomas Paine

Comment

band saw also on sale

Put my jointer together over the weekend - very happy.

The band saw is also on sale - 20% off just like the jointer.

Comment

Purchased mine for $300 (last one in store) this weekend...same thing missing yellow key and manual...a very nice machine...putting it to the test with some Cherry.

Comment

Check some of your local HD's. The store down the road from us ran a promotion that gave you half off any power tool, up to a $200 discount, for opening a commercial account. I opened an account, got the jointer for half price and haven't used the account since. Great deal!

Comment

When i got my TS it was on sale online only. The store will not match online so it was 100 bucks cheaper to go pick up than to ship it. I still use the TS for my jointer problems and I am getting a planer very soon. ( ridgid of course )For everything i do the TS makes a good jointer for now. Grats on your find !

Comment

Originally posted by rnt80 View Post
                              Check some of your local HD's. The store down the road from us ran a promotion that gave you half off any power tool, up to a $200 discount, for opening a commercial account. I opened an account, got the jointer for half price and haven't used the account since. Great deal!
                              So can just anyone open a commercial account?

Comment

Working...
                              X