bandsaw dilemma

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bandsaw dilemma

I have been looking at bandsaws under $500 dollars for some time now. I know the Ridgid has problems with vibration and it seems with an extra $100 dollars or less I can get it to perform reasonably well- I would never expect the OEM blade to function well on any tool.

I've written Ridgid customer service with a question I can't seem to get a reply to this question. Some time ago in anticipation that I would someday buy the Ridgid BS, I saw a riser block on sale on one of my trips to HD and purchased it. I don't know if this will fit the current (orange model) of BS or not.

Does anyone know if this will fit? I purchased this in late 2003 or 04.

It may help if you mentioned what type of riser block it is? Is it a Ridgid or some other brand?
    Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

I'm 99.9% sure that riser block will fit the current bandsaw. When TTI/OWT started making the bandsaw they changed very little from the Emerson/Ridge Tool design.
      ================================================== ====
      All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

If it's a Ridgid it should fit. My understanding is that there is no difference between the older (pre-TTI) gray-colored model and the newer orange model.

However, I'm sure if you search around, you'll probably find a better bandsaw for your investment.

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

Thanks,

It is a Ridgid riser.

Comment

That is a Ridgid riser and will fit any Ridgid band saw. ALSO take a look at the grizzly saws. they have a nice machine that that riser will also fit. A lot of people have bought the grizzly riser and used it on Ridgid saws. Ridgid had the risers on back order for a long time and when they got them in the price jumped way up.
            info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Working...
            X