TS3650 Placing lower assembly under table legs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS3650 Placing lower assembly under table legs

What am I doing wrong. I am trying to place the front tubes of the lower assembly under the front leg brackets and can't maneouvere them in there. There is not enough clearance. If I place them diagonally in, the it may snap the bolt.

When assembling the legs, the instructions said to place the heel of each leg at the bottom of the leg. Do I have to lower the heel to get more clearance?

Tubes

Tubes? Do you mean the HercuLift assembly?
    - djb
    sigpic

A Democracy is 2 wolves and 1 sheep voting on what to have for lunch.

Restore the Republic.

Comment

I thought I hit Preview button, it was the Submit button...

dieselgg - if you are talking about the HercuLift assembly, look at the online manual, it was different than the one I got in the box. It's a little better. Yes, it is difficult to get the assembly under the saw, I propped mine up a little to get the thing attached. There are two separate parts to the HercuLift, and they don't attach to each other. One part attaches to the front legs only, the other part attaches only to the rear legs, and the rear leg assembly sits on top of the front leg assembly. At first I was trying to figure out how these two parts attached to each other, turns out they don't.

And I also had to adjust the leveling feet down about 1/2 inch when I was finished, otherwise the HercuLift wheels would not clear the floor and the saw was unstable.

- djb

TS3650 manual:
      http://www.ridgid.com/ASSETS/57C40A5...TS3650_Man.pdf
      Last edited by djb; 01-03-2007, 11:10 PM.
      sigpic

A Democracy is 2 wolves and 1 sheep voting on what to have for lunch.

Restore the Republic.

Comment

"And I also had to adjust the leveling feet down about 1/2 inch when I was finished, otherwise the HercuLift wheels would not clear the floor and the saw was unstable." Totally agree, had to do the same.

When I assembled my saw, I attached the Hercu-lift while the saw was still upside down. Had no problems at all doing it this way. So if you keep having trouble and you can get help to flip the saw back over, you may want to try this.

Comment

Heru lift

I had a friend just tilt the saw back on 2 legs just enough to get the clearance and then set is back down. If you angle the wheels outward the outside it should let you connect the bolts. make sure you that your bolts on the herulift systems are loosely assembled at first, only tighten everything once everything is assembled and aligned.

Do not tighten the bolts that attach the herculift to the legs of the saw they are suppose to remain loose. only tighten them so the lock nut is flush with the bolt.

Comment

Just so that I am clear, this is the lower assembly, which does not have the Herculift pedal on it and also attaches to the front of the table saw. If I angle the caster wheels outward, how will I be able to place the bolt into the leg brackets as they will be angle outward also. The caster and bolt are on the same tube. I think I'll just tilt the table forward and attach the assembly and see what happens or I will raise the leg from the levelling foot to give me more clearance.

Comment

Working...
            X