X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacing fence hand TS3650

I called Rigid this morning and they are sending me the missing leg braces and a new handle for my rip fence. Has anyone ever had to replace the handle? Is it very involved? If HD had any more of these saws I would just return it and start over, but this was the last one.
    Thanks.
    Dave

I have never replaced the handle. When I bought my saw I too thought the leg braces where missing. They were still in the foam packing, they are in one of the small holes pushed way down deep. It wouldn't hurt to double check.
    SSG, U.S. Army
    Retired
    K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

missing leg braces

I never thought to look in the packaging. It was dark already when I got home and started taking this out of the box piece by piece. The directions said the leg braces were in the bubble pack, but there was no mention of them on the pack itself. I'll check tonight after work in the styrofoam. Thanks for the tip.
      Dave

Comment

Broken handle

Yeah, my fence handle came in broken. It was the only thing wrong with my 3650.
        It was a bit more involved than i thought it would be but was fairly easy to replace. i thought anyway.
        Yoroshiku onegai shimasu

Comment

Mine came broken too. Not too bad to replace, just follow the schematic on the parts list.

Comment

Re: replacing fence hand TS3650

new to this board and also just bought a 3650 to replace my 20 yr old Sears. Bought a close out at HD for $199 assembled. Unfortunately it was missing a few parts, drive belt, key switch, and blade wrench, which Ridgid is sending me. HD is getting rid of all their floor samples and will be selling from "pictures". Also picked up a scroll saw for $50. I don't know if this is everywhere but there are some great buys out there now.

Comment

$199!!!! That's a great buy, even if you had to purchase the parts to make it complete. I wish my HD would do that, but then I'd have even less room in my shop. I know, a great problem to have.

Comment

"will be selling from "pictures"."

They might be better off if they do, cause the display at the three HDs in my area are not kept up as well as they could be, and I think this hurts more then it sells the RIDGID WWing tool line.
                ---------------
                Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                ---------------
                “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                ---------
                "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                ---------
                sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I visited two HDs in my area today after reading this thread. Yup, lots of assembled power tools on clearance in both stores. There was a Ridgid band saw for $236, Dewalt planer for $449, Ridgid planer for $126. All the assembled "demo" tools looked a little worse for display/wear but there were some deals to be had. Unfortunately, I don't need or have the funds for any of them right now, but maybe others here want to jump on the deals as a result of this HD trend mentioned.
                  Stay well and play well.
                  Skip

Comment

Working...
                  X