X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Router table

Hey everyone. This is definitely one of the better woodworking forums I've come across, very informative.
    I've been reading up on the addition of a router table to my ts (it's a 3650).
    Ive used pretty much the same installation technique, aluminum angle, melomene , adjustable leg to the open end to curtail sagging. I'm using a 1/2" thick acrylic plate (again for sagging). But my question lies with the rod that is placed from fence rail to rail. Should I still incorporate that or is the aluminum and melomene enough to keep the rails aligned when the fence is locked? I've noticed a slight shift inward when locked but I didn't check that before the table was installed so I don't know if it is normal. Other than that I haven't had any problems so........
    Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Dan Mule'

DAN

Dan,
    I can tell you that I didn't reinstall the rod between my rails. The router extension is so snug that there is no movement. Never even thought twice about it after making up my own extension.

Thinking back on all the threads regarding this subject (and I read them all!) I don't remember that coming up as an issue once the table extensions were installed.

Skip
    Stay well and play well.
    Skip

Comment

Working...
    X