ebox problem????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ebox problem????

I have been trying for days to login to my ebox to register a new toy.
    The link takes me to a page that describes the secure link but doesn't proceed any farther. Has anyone else had this problem or is it my computer?http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/ima...lies/frown.gif
    http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/ima...lies/frown.gif

Just checked mine and it works. Try turning off your antivirus program for a moment and go back in.
    Don't forget the login is your email address

Comment

Ok.. we need to figure this out. I have been sending emails back and forth with people who arent able to get into ebox. No matter what we try in here we always get in. However a l decent number of you have written in saying they cant get in.

rkirby, is there any way you could get a screenshot of where you are ending up when you click on the myebox icon. Also how exactly are you getting to the link?

Thanks,

Josh

Comment

It might be helpful to know what browser people are using and security settings or anti-virus or other such software running on their machines could be the culprit, the server might not be the problem at all since not everyone has a problem logging in.

What's the minimum browser requirements that the site is written for?

Do we know how long this has been a problem, i.e. - can we it be pinned down to a rough date (within a few days), then investigate if any changes were made to the site in that time frame and check those changes for compatibility or errors.
        "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
        John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

ebox problem

Josh
          I am not sure if a screen capture will come thru with this message but I have been going to the ridgid.com site and clicking on the ebox login. it sends me to the following url

https://www.customernation.com/pls/p...&p_supergroup=

I have also tried going thru support and using the link for product registering and I get the same thing.

I currently use netsacape as my browser but I am going to try accessing thru
          IE and see what happens
          Last edited by rkirby; 01-16-2007, 06:09 PM.

Comment

ebox problem

I used IE to login to my ebox and had no problem doing so.
            Evidently the problem is an incompatability with netscape as the browser.

I guess I will have to switch browsers if I want to go to my ebox

Comment

Originally posted by rkirby View Post
              I used IE to login to my ebox and had no problem doing so.
              Evidently the problem is an incompatability with netscape as the browser.

I guess I will have to switch browsers if I want to go to my ebox
              Josh - Mozilla (the precursor to Firefox) exhibits the same problem that rkirby had with Netscape. Firefox works fine, though. I never use Internet Explorer...but that's a subject for another thread.

- djb
              sigpic

A Democracy is 2 wolves and 1 sheep voting on what to have for lunch.

Restore the Republic.

Comment

ok... now we are getting somewhere. Bob.D thanks for adding in the part about the browsers and platform. that was where I was going next. Should have started there.

MyEbox wasnt developed by me so I simply assumed they would support Netscape and Mozilla. I am gonna talk it over with them and have them put up a compatability chart on the login screen. this should help everyone out.

josh

Comment

ebox problems

Josh

When I originally signed up for the ebox in Feb 2006 it worked using netscape. I have been back occasionally since then but not in the last 3 months until I tried to register my new TS13000 at XMAS. It was then that I had problems so I am guessing that something on the site changed during fall of 2006

Thanks for your help though
                  Ron Kirby

Comment

Working...
                  X