X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS2424

I'm just about to purchase a table saw and I'm leaning towards the TS2424. HD doesn't really have anybody that knows what there talking about. So if I buy this does it come with the dust collector AC1098? I've been reading like crazy about different saws and the 2424 looks to be the best bang for the buck. Should I be looking at something else?

Bill

The TS2424 is a good saw as most posts here would indicate. However the TS3612 is even better. Unless you are being offered a really good deal on the 2424 go with the 3612 the list price is the same. Use the search feature on this forum and you can find an evenings worth of reading on this subject. The specific differences are in several posts. The fence is better, micro-adjust is better, and that is about it. The Dust chute works with a shop vac and does a fair job but a 4" dust collector will keep up better. For occasional use the shop vac isn't too bad.

Comment

TS2424 has been replaced by the TS3612. If you find a 2424, ask HD to discount it because you know it is no longer offered and is "OLD" stock. The 3612 has a refined fence and a micro adjust trunnion with 36" left of the blade, 12" right rip capabilities.

Either saw is an exceptional value for the price. I don't believe the dust collecter comes with the 3612. The one that came with my 2424 doesn't do all that well with the back being wide open. But as far as performance you will not be disapointed in either saw.
      John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I did a search and as you said, an evenings worth of reading. the home Depot in my home town only display the 2424 so if they don't have a 3612 I will be asking for a discount or wait for the 3612. the ts2424 they have is going for $597.00. Is this about right and does the 3612 go for that price?

Bill

Comment

$597 is the price for the 3612, which replaced the 2424. I've heard that HD has the same sku number for the 2424 and 3612. You'll want the 3612. The fence is better, and a few other features make it a great table saw.
          Good Luck
          Rick

Comment

The big problem is that both saws have the same SKU number---be willing to bet you'd find the 3612 on a shelf/overhead----ask them to hunt down their back stock---comes in two boxes---both should say 3612.
            Dave

Comment

The HD closest to my home finally put a 3612 on display. They put the old display 2424 on special for $537. It didn't move at that price so they lowered it to $500 and it sold.

I recently bought and returned the AC1098 dust collector. The flap door kept falling out. Even if it had worked properly, I think its way overpriced for what you get and the performance it gives.
              Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

To replace the 1098 fitting, you'd be better off with the 14" x 14" TS dust collector fitting available from Griz, Rockler, Woodcraft and any number of vendors. Sells for $9 - $13, and has a 4" hose outlet. Add a 10' 4" hose and you're up to the 1098 price. So I can't agree that the 1098 is overpriced since it also includes 7' of hose.

But with any DC connected to the 4" hose, and with the back covered in, the TS stays empty of chips & dust.

David

Comment

I got the 1098 with my 2424. It worked ok with the shop vac. Better than nothing. When I got my DC, I hooked up the 4" hose to the 2.5" connection. It is almost like not having a DC. The shop vac worked better. The DC works great with the JP610 and DW TP. Both have 4" ports. Sucks up the kids toys well also. The cat runs away so am not sure how it works for that . One day, I will change it. Glad I did not order it extra. As I stated before, I think if it was made with a 4" port and sold with a 4 to 2.5 adapter it would be better.

Rob

[ 03-10-2003, 12:54 PM: Message edited by: Rob C ]

Comment

Just got back from HD. I talked to the tool guy and he actually knew something. He knew he had the TS2424 with the TS3612 price on it. He also knew that the fence had been moved over on the 3612. He has 9 in stock and told me to call ahead of time so they could get one of them down from the heavens. One thing, will the extra box or boxes indicate its for the 3612. Just don't want to get the wrong fence. Thanks for all the info.

Bill

Comment

The original 3612 fence boxes ( box 2 of 2)said both 2424 and 3612 on them. Just make sure it mentions 3612 and not 2424 only . The main box is heavy. I slid mine out and down the tailgate carefully on to a hand truck and moved it to the garage with no problem.

Comment

Yes, from my recollection, the long fence box indicates it's for the TS3612. But, you will of course make doubly sure. They had a TS box in the tool area of my local HD over the weekend when I was in. I looked everywhere, but couldn't see any model indication on it at all! Worth a double check on the main box before you walk out with it also.

David

[ 03-10-2003, 03:13 PM: Message edited by: Cutbuff ]

Comment

Working...
                        X