Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS voltage

Hi,

Has anybody wired their TS3650 tablesaw for the optional 220 V? Is there any benefit to doing this?

Thanks,
    FSK

The only real benefit I can see is that, more than likely, the TS will end up being on it's own circuit or possibly sharing the circuit with a DC. This could be a real plus though for people, like myself, who are very limited in the number of circuits that they have available for use. The smaller amp requirement will also eliminate tripped breakers for the most part on start-up. I don't know for sure if this is true or not but I don't think there is any savings as far as the cost of running the TS is concerned.
    ================================================== ====
    ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

There's definitely benefit in going 220v if the 110v circuit doesn't quite deliver sufficient power. There's less voltage drop with 220v, and there's really no harm. If you've got 220v, I'd do it.

Comment

If you are tripping the breaker or the lights are dimming when you turn your saw on you may want to split the load by going 220.

Comment

No Breakage

Originally posted by dwcurry View Post
          If you are tripping the breaker or the lights are dimming when you turn your saw on you may want to split the load by going 220.
          Nothing like that was happening. I have a couple of 20 A circuits in the shop now. I could run the jointer and the TS at the same time, with a very slight lag to the machine that was running when starting the other.

I was thinking of putting in 220 for a DC, and thought since I was in there, add another plug for the TS. I heard that there were power benefits with the TS running at 220, but wanted to know if it was true.

FSK

Comment

FSK,

The main benefit of going 220 is that your motor lasts longer. Reason? the
            power consumption (which is V*I) is the same, so if your voltage is twice then the amp is half, and lower amper means the wires and (more importantly) the contacts/brushs in the motor have to deal with less amper. But I still have my TS with 110 (cannot justify the expenses of changing the electrical pannel).

Comment

Working...
            X