X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just picked up a TS3650

Is it just me or do most of you never bother to take the blade guard/splitter out of the shipping paper? I just can't see how guys can use them and still see what whats happening. This is my third table saw and I havent used that guard on any of them. Do most of you use the guard or leave it off?

By the way two big thumbs up on my new TS3650

Comment

it is you.

it depends on what i am doing if i am ripping long boards it is on, but if i am doing rabbit or dado cuts i take is off so i can see my marks
      9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

I use it unless I am not making a through cut or using a jig/sled that prevents installing it. My old fingers may be getting stiff and ache in the joints, but I still want to keep them!!
        Go
        Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Congrats on your new saw. I upgraded from a Craftsman BT saw to the 3650 about a year ago. It's a great saw and as others have said, give the fence a chance. It's a good fence for the money and the only thing I've had to do is add a sacrifical fence to it for dadoes. The orange color ought to go well with your NASCAR hero! (I got my user name after looking at my assembled 3650. )

Comment

Hi Jason:
            In answer to a couple of your questions:
            Originally posted by Undermidnight View Post
            Looks nice! I have a question though, on the ZCI that you build, how does it stay put? I mean, the slightest deviation can get caught on the blade right?
            The laminante was too thin, so on the back I glued a couple of spacers. I then put a finishing nail into the rear spacer, that fits in the slot inthe top of the table, under the splitter/safety gaurd. To cut the slot for the blage, I lowered teh blade, clamped the ZCI under a 2 x 4, then raised the blade through it. This creates a unique ZCI for every blade you have.

Originally posted by Undermidnight View Post
            The outfeed table sounds like a good idea.
            The outfeed table stops things from falling off the back ovf the saw and makes cutting a lot safer.

Hope this helps
            "Dad, E means empty, NOT broken" - my cousin Doug, to his dad after the tractor ran out of diesel and Ed claimed the gas gauge was broken.

Comment

I have the Rigid ts3650 table saw and I love it. I have yet to find any problems period with it. I also have a planner, router, and jointer and I must say I love them all. the one problem I do have is that my screw is strip that holds the plate in down in place. I have call rigid for a replacement but I was told that is was on back order, I also call a few service centers here in los angeles, and was told that they did carry that part. so at this point I am not able to change the saw blade because of that so I just have to wait until Rigid send me one via mail. oh I love this form its really great I enjoy reading the memembers post on here.

Comment

Look at the post on the General Power Tools Discussion forum titled "Throat Plate Threads Messed Up". It gives info and a fix for your dilemma. (Sorry, I haven't figured out how to link another post to this one)

Go
                Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

If it's just the screw that has the stripped threads, just go to any hardware store and buy another one. The parts list in your owners manual will list the screw size that you'll need.

Here is the thread Gofor was talking about.
                  Last edited by BadgerDave; 01-29-2007, 09:41 PM.
                  Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Thank's I did not think of that. I will go by a hardward store when I get off from work.

Comment

Working...
                    X