X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3650 blade guard dust collection

Have you noticed the nice **square** hole on the top of the blade guard?? Wouldn't it be nice to attach a vac hose to it? Have any of you managed to configure an adapter here? It seems like the makings of a built-in Shark but the darn thing is so narrow it would be hard to get a solid adapter unless, maybe if you used a serious chem which would partially melt the plastics being connected. Anyway, any takers?
    Later,
    Chiz
    Later,
    Chiz

Re: 3650 blade guard dust collection

The nice square hole is to eliminate you looking through two layers of plastic which would blur your view or maybe cause problems due to parallax error. I've thought of doing what you suggest but further back, cutting an opening in the top but I think it would be good to reinforce around the area first before cutting, then attach a 2.25 or 2.5" hose and see how that worked. I wonder how much just that one piece would cost to replace?
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
      <snip>
      I wonder how much just that one piece would cost to replace?
      Usually my very words but with a change in tense. eg. I wonder how much that one piece is going to cost to replace (after my sorry attempts to alter it).
      Later,
      Chiz

Comment

I have been thinking about trying this until I can afford a shark-guard.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X