X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Got a DP1550 .... Niccccccceee!

I just got a DP1550 for Xmass (sort of).

My wife went to the large local homecenter chain here in upstate NY and was talked out of a floor standing Delta drill press and into a 12" bench drill press. This was an Xmass gift for me.

After opening it she asked if a bench or floor model was my preference and I told her the new Ridgid Model was actually my first chioce. She said if that's the one I really wanted then by all means GO GET IT!

Since I couldn't wait for a special order to come in at HD and I was on vacation for the holidays (lots of time to play and stuff)I decided to drive 1 1/2hrs to a new Home Depot that opened in December. Since it was new they have all new stock. Of the 5 HD within 1/2 hr of me, none had the DP1550's in stock only the DP1500.

I Set it up in about an hour and boy it's great! I tell you I've never owned a drill press before but there is something to be said for having the ability to drill straight holes.

I had looked at the Delta drill press but was unimpressed in the quality of the machine. Ridgid seems to go the extra step to make their equipment more user friendly.

I'm off to make some holes! Next on the list, a TP1300.....Fathers Day? He Haw!
    Let me see... 1, 2, 3, 4.... Uh Oh.

Congrats! Sounds like you'll be drillin' for awhile! Let us know how you like it later on down the road
    Kelly C. Hanna<br /><a href=\"http://www.hannawoodworks.com\" target=\"_blank\">Hanna Woodworks</a>

Comment

Fathers Day is not until June. Don't you think you deserve the TP1300 for Valentines Day?
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Working...
      X