X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new guy w/ a question

Hello to all, I'm new to the board and I have a question. I was using my buddies RIDGID table saw, works great/wish I could afford one right now, and I accidently brushed the fence along the blade while it was still slowing down. Stupid I know, but I'm new to woodworking. Anyway, he is requesting I get him a new one. Does anyone know if RIDGID will give me a one time break and send me a new fence free of charge or have an idea how much this part will cost me, I'm tight financially and I'm hoping this part wont be much. Well, Thanks for any advice or information.

Robb

Welcome to the forum,
    Depending on the model of the saw, looks like the fence channel runs around $52.65. This part is listed for the TS2424 but not the TS 3612. I'm not sure, but I think it's the same part. Used to be able to order this on-line, but now have to call a toll free number.
    Know how easy this mistake is to make, I have a groove in my fence! Someday I will replace it with an up-graded fence.
    Rob Johnson
    Orange,Ca.

[ 09-07-2003, 12:07 AM: Message edited by: Backyard Woodworker ]
    Just tilt your head a little and it will look straight!

Comment

Think many of us have that strange creasant shape in our fences . Check the parts section, as suggested. If it's an aluminum face, you could look into having it re-machined, if you knew someone in the machine shop business.
      Dave

Comment

Take it apart and run the fence along his new

Comment

Working...
        X