X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Good Dado Blade for the 3650

Last year I bought a Freund "Dial-a-Dado" which does not fit on the 3650 (Available for $150.00, btw if ya want it). I really need a dado blade and was wondering if anyone knew of a fine (money no object) dado set that would absolutely fit the Ridgid.

Thanks in advance....

Zeno
    “Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world.” —Thomas Carlyle

Re: A Good Dado Blade for the 3650

I use the Freud SD208 in my 3650 and have no complaints. It cuts dados very cleanly with no tear out. About the only material I haven't tried it on is laminated or venered materials.

Comment

hewood has sung the praises of the DeWalt 8" set. I haven't tried it myself but when it comes to blades, he knows of what he speaks.

You might want to consider running a 6" set. Many woodworkers don't make deep dado cuts and the 6" set will provide all the depth they'll ever need. Easier on the 3650's motor also. The Freud SD206 and SD506 are a couple you might want to check out.

Set from Amana, Ridge Carbide, Forrest and SystiMatic are some others to consider.

Edited to change SD208 to SD506
      Last edited by BadgerDave; 01-24-2007, 10:13 AM.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I'm guilty as charged of liking the DW7670. It replaced a very nice SD208. It simply does a better job IMHO. ~ $100.

If you want truly top shelf performance, I'd look to the Ridge Carbide, Infinity Dadonator, or Forrest....probably in that order. Holbren.com should have the RC dado at a good price.

Comment

Does anyone know if the Freud SD508 will fit on the 3650?

Comment

I purchased a Freud SD208 months ago and never used it on the 3650 until this past weekend. I found it easy to use and made great, clean dados. Wish I had taken the time to use it sooner!

Skip
            Stay well and play well.
            Skip

Comment

It'll be tough to get a better blade than the Ridge Carbide Dado Master. The carbide is huge and they really sharpen them to a fine edge.

Comment

Originally posted by Botietruck View Post
                Does anyone know if the Freud SD508 will fit on the 3650?
                Yes it will.

Comment

Originally posted by wubears71 View Post
                  I use the Freud SD208 in my 3650 and have no complaints. It cuts dados very cleanly with no tear out. About the only material I haven't tried it on is laminated or venered materials.

you just can't beat the freud stack dado for the money 80.00 (home depot)

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of
                  arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to
                  skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly
                  proclaiming . . "WOW ---What a Ride!"
                  "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of
                  arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to
                  skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly
                  proclaiming . . "WOW ---What a Ride!"

Comment

What is the depth capacity of a 6" set on the 3650?

Comment

IIRC the depth capacity is somewhere in the 1-1/8" - 1-1/4" range.

Comment

Another vote for the Frued SD208

Quentin.

Comment

Ts2450

Would I be okay with the 8" DeWalt/Freud sets on my 10" portable Rigid TS? It was mentioned that an 8" might be to hard on the 3650's motor, so I'm worried about mine. I need to get a dado set to work with my 2450 - I know it's not a particularly heavy duty saw, but it's what I'll be using for at least another year or two.

Comment

Just got back from HD and saw a Diablo DD208 Stacked Dado Set. Would this be equivalent to the SD208? I just looked at both online and I can't tell the difference....except the color.
                            Last edited by zenophus; 01-25-2007, 05:57 PM.
                            “Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world.” —Thomas Carlyle

Comment

Originally posted by zenophus View Post
                              Just got back from HD and saw a Diablo DD208 Stacked Dado Set. Would this be equivalent to the SD208? I just looked at both online and I can't tell the difference....except the color.
                              Same, same...

Comment

Working...
                              X