front rip fence guide bar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front rip fence guide bar

I am new to this forum and I need help all ready I have a ts3650 I am putting to geather every thing went just find until I got to the front guide bar I got the bar on alright but when I trid to adjust the fence indicator the indicator was like 3/4 inch off Iput guide bar on at the 71/8 mark like the manual said I would like to know if any one else had the same porblem and how they fix it thanks alot

Re: front rip fence guide bar

Make sure you are lining up the 7 1/8 with the correct edge of the miter gage slot. The slot is 3/4" wide. You state you are off by 3/4". Maybe its something that simple.
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

The right scale 7 1/8" mark aligns with the right edge of the table, not the miter slot. I did not have that problem, however, mine is 3/4" off because I have a 3/4" auxiliary fence on the left side of the stock fence. If you have added an auxilary fence, that is the cause. The only solution to get it right on is to move the front rail. This will throw the scale off on the left side if you move the fence to the left of the blade, tho. I just subtract 3/4" from the scale reading when I use it. I measure fence to blade most of the time.
      I do not understand how this problem is occurring unless Ridgid has changed size of the table or width of the fence.

Go
      Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

The table is 43 3/4'' wide and front guide bar is 61 3/4'' long.The base of the fence 10 7/8'' From zero line to zero is 5 3/8 and the fence is 2''wide. I went to my local Home Depot to look at the saw there,but the way it was put togeather I could"t tell any thing.

Comment

Actually, the table is only 20" wide. The width of the table plus the wings is that longer dimension. I bring that up only to point this out. The 7-1/8" mark on the rails tape measure should be set so that it is located at the joint line where the right side wing attaches to the RH side of the saws table top.
          ================================================== ====
          ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

The dimensions you gave are the same as mine. As Badger Dave said, the table is 20" wide. Sounds like you are aligning to the wrong mark.
            Also, make sure you are using the right zero mark when the fence is right of the blade, and the left one when it is left of the blade.
            Another item that confuses some people during the assembly: The right end of the rear rail will be about 5" closer to the edge of the exension wing than the front rail. This is normal, and is because the front of the fence is wider. The alignment of the rear rail is in the manual. Make sure that the top of the rear rail is even with or preferable slightly below the bottom of the miter slots.

Good luck
            Go
            Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Working...
            X