Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: project pics

SWLigler,

Nice job. Looks like oak.
    If at first you don't succeed, try reading the owners manual.

Comment

I just last night finished the first element of a complete office remodel (built-in). Birch ply with bloodwood and maple trim. What a BEAR to finish without my outdoor spray cabinet......4 brushed coats of satin poly followed by 2 wiped-on coats. It took about 70 minutes for each application. The only thing left is hardware.

I know, I know.....the door panels are sideways. I was going to make new ones but the customer wants to keep it!

Zeno
      Attached Files
      “Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world.” —Thomas Carlyle

Comment

Very, very nice zenophus, and the door panels look fine, if he is pleased then thats what counts....
        Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Originally posted by zenophus View Post

I know, I know.....the door panels are sideways. I was going to make new ones but the customer wants to keep it!

Zeno
          I hadn't noticed the panels till I read the note. That's a nice job you done there.

I do appreciate the photos, sharing yours and everyones projects. I have been playing with woodworking most my life and am now in a position where I can get serious. It's good to see, with time and patience, that this type of work can be accomplished in a small home shop. I look forward to more photos...
          If at first you don't succeed, try reading the owners manual.

Comment

Nice work Zeno!

Steve

Comment

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement all......it means alot, although I still have somewhat of an inferiority complex looking at the fine work displayed in this forum.

Wow.....while I was mounting the hinges, which I purchased from Rockler, I discovered that they are garbage (see photo). They were ALL like that...all bent-up with barrel damage. I have been looking all day on the internet for recessed, non-overlay hinges that reveal only the barrel and can be mounted on a face frame.

I would greatly appreciate any advice on a reputable online dealer that carries quality cabinet hardware. Rockler has nothing.

Thanks again all....

Zeno
              Attached Files
              “Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world.” —Thomas Carlyle

Comment

Hey Zenophus. Sorry to hear about the quality of Rocker hardware!!! That's a fine cabinet you made. It's really nice. Don't even think twice about how it doesn't match up to the other fine woodworkers here. It's definately a beautiful heirloom piece!!

My Dad's used Restoration Hardware many times, and loves the quality he gets. I found only this small section of hinges. http://www.restorationhardware.com/r...navAction=jump
                Don't know if that's what you're looking for or not.

There's thousans of internet sites offering hardware. Unfortunately, I have no knowlege of how good any of them are!!! All I can say from personal experience is Restoration Hardware usually has good stuff.
                I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

go here and look at their catalog, probably every hardware you can imagine, never had a problem w/them prices are very decent. Been ordering w/them for 2 1/2 years now, huge, huge selection. And the second one I just started to deal w/ them, nice stuff too.

http://www.hafele.com/us/
                  http://www.leevalley.com/home.aspx
                  Last edited by garager; 02-17-2007, 06:31 PM.
                  Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Here's a Mission Bed I made a couple of years ago. All solid red oak with a provincial stain and satin poly. The "story" of it's construction can be found HERE.

After going through the pics this morning I found it remarkable how much my shop has changed and how many tools I have since aquired. I didn't even have a table saw!! Basically, the whole thing was built with a miter saw a dowel jig and a drill. (oops.....and a router, too)
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by zenophus; 03-03-2007, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X