project pics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• project pics

I know there was an earlier thread of this title. Thought I would start another. Let's see some projects...

Here's my entry for now. Found the pattern in a Wood magazine.
    Attached Files
    If at first you don't succeed, try reading the owners manual.

Re: project pics

Just completed workbench from modified Wood Mag plans.
    Attached Files

Comment

Good lookin bench there lefty. Are you gonna be able to put a scratch in it, kinda like a new car? LOL

Comment

well I got a lot done this weekend of jan 28

I seen a pic of a table extention diy ver. so I made 1.
        before it was made ( if the rip fence was on the rail were no wingextention,the rip fence moved. grrrrrrrr )
        but now with the home made extenion we all good.

oh ya I started my new router table

check ot my pics here
        http://community.webshots.com/user/rodthibault

tanks roddy
        ________
        extreme vaporizer
        Last edited by RODDY; 01-22-2011, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lefty View Post
          Just completed workbench from modified Wood Mag plans.
          Looks really nice. I agree it's going to be hard to put that first scratch on it!
          Tell me this: What are all the mortises on cabinet maker benches for??
          Thanks.
          Skip
          Stay well and play well.
          Skip

Comment

Great looking left-hand bench, Lefty!!

Skip: the mortises in the top are for "bench dogs". These may be round or square. They are basically adjustable height hardwood or metal pegs that stop your wood from sliding around while you work on it. If you will notice, the vice jaws also have them. By clamping the edge of the wood between the ones on the vice jaw and the ones on the table, you can hold a board flat and secure without anything sticking above the surface you are planing or scraping. They can also be used to clamp boards when edge gluing.
            Some benches also have a skirt around the edge with holes in them. By sticking a peg or bench clamp in the hole, you can support a long board on edge with one end clamped in the vice and the peg holding up the weight of the long board. This works well when jointing edges with a hand plane.

Go
            Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Hey guys,

Here is a telescope that I designed and built last year. My primary hobby is Amateur Astronomy and mirror making. Woodworking is actually a new thing for me that started with the building of this telescope. I am currently working on a 12.5" mirror which will go into a scope built similarly to this one.

Building the first telescope was what got me bit by the woodworking bug.

Jason
              Attached Files
              "A long journey starts with the first step and an understanding spouse."

Comment

Here's a couple of bread boards that I have just finished. The wood is alder, the finish is 100% tung oil and the wedges in the tenons are maple.

THey are restin gon some maple scraps on the top of the table that I made too.
                Attached Files
                "Dad, E means empty, NOT broken" - my cousin Doug, to his dad after the tractor ran out of diesel and Ed claimed the gas gauge was broken.

Comment

undermidnight,
                  Now your monicer makes sense. That's a cool looking telescope. Is that considered a reflecting or refracting telescope. Not sure what the difference is but thought I sounded smart with those words...

leer13,
                  Nice job. Have you put them to use? I may have to try your finish, where do you find tung oil? I made a cutting board for my daughter and she doesn't want to use it. Oh well, women.

Comment

Originally posted by amcnerl View Post
                    undermidnight,
                    Now your monicer makes sense. That's a cool looking telescope. Is that considered a reflecting or refracting telescope. Not sure what the difference is but thought I sounded smart with those words...
                    It is considered a reflecting telescope because the primary mirror at the bottom reflects the light up to the second mirror that reflects it into the eyepiece.

It is one of my passions. There is nothing like looking at the stars with a mirror and telescope you made with your own hands

Jason
                    "A long journey starts with the first step and an understanding spouse."

Comment

Originally posted by Gofor View Post
                      Great looking left-hand bench, Lefty!!

Skip: the mortises in the top are for "bench dogs". These may be round or square. They are basically adjustable height hardwood or metal pegs that stop your wood from sliding around while you work on it. If you will notice, the vice jaws also have them. By clamping the edge of the wood between the ones on the vice jaw and the ones on the table, you can hold a board flat and secure without anything sticking above the surface you are planing or scraping. They can also be used to clamp boards when edge gluing.
                      Some benches also have a skirt around the edge with holes in them. By sticking a peg or bench clamp in the hole, you can support a long board on edge with one end clamped in the vice and the peg holding up the weight of the long board. This works well when jointing edges with a hand plane.

Go
                      Thanks Gofor!
                      Stay well and play well.
                      Skip

Comment

Box for the boy's GameBoy.

"Semper Fi"
                        "A man who farts in church sits in own pew"

Comment

scrambler,

That's some nice work. I like the idea of keeping everything in one place for the gameboy. I remember when my boys were small they would fight over the lighted lens attachments, even tho they both had one, because they could find only 1. Although these have evolved since my boys were young. Lets see more...

Comment

Yeah, the screens are backlit now so they can play them in the dark if they want.
                            "Semper Fi"
                            "A man who farts in church sits in own pew"

Comment

Fireplace mantel with tile surround and built-in AV cabinet. Upper portion of cabinet has fan-forced cooling and an IR repeater to keep the components cool and out of sight.

Steve
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X