X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: cabinet making ?s

Hello. We share a mutual beginning. I too am a newB and building kitchen cabinets. I bought several woodworking books (I can send you the titles tomorrow if you want the best I have)
    If you have a Borders or Barnes & Noble book store, I'd recommend you browse through each book carefully, as there are so many ones that I find are not what I want. I'm using 3/4 plwood w/ birch veneer. I'm also using dados & glueup. I'v invested about 3 grand on tools; Delta biscuit cutter, benchtop drill press, band saw, (will upgrade later) and a 31/2 HP Porter Cable router in a Rockler fixed base table. I've also bought (and recommend a Craig pocket hole tool for assembling draws and doors.
    Are you building just the carcasses? ...or doors also? I'm using oak for the doors, and recommend you go to Lowe's, HD, and/or other showrooms to see what kind of design suits you and your family. Lowe's has lots of nice doors to check out, and if you ask, they will show you construction etc.
    Paul

Comment

Re: cabinet making ?s

Hi guys AnthonyD here , I have built cabinets on and off for the last 20 years. I have gone through many of books . I Learned mostly on my own . I would reccomend Danny Proulx 's books. He is since passed away but his books are excellent and concise. I have 5 or 6 of them check out your favorite book seller and if you have any questions just reply and Ill be glad to give any other information Have a great day !

Comment

Working...
      X