Band saw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Band saw

I just purchased a BS14002 band saw, assembled it,made the recommended adjustments and started to cut. The only problem being that it wants to cut at a 30 degree angle no matter what I do. I rechecked all the blocks, the tension, and the tracking. All to no avail. Does anyone have any suggestions? When I was looking at it I noticed that the blade has no set to the teeth on the opposite side that it pulls to. Could this be one of the problems? The blade never ran up against the blocks to remove the set so I am not sure why there is none. Any help would be appreciated.

Ken

Re: Band saw

Make sure the tires aren't riding off the wheel. What you are describing sounds exactly what mine was doing before I took it back. Rotating the wheels by hand didn't expose the problem I had to open the door while the saw was running to see what was going on.
    "Semper Fi"
    "A man who farts in church sits in own pew"

Comment

I have a Delta bandsaw and I have some similar issues. Everytime I start using the thing the saw blades sort of turns in its own direction. I have increased the tension up and adjusted the guides. I can only assume that maybe it is the small factory blade. I would also love to hear any suggestions as to how to fix this. I hardly ever use now because of this.

Comment

Toss the factory blade and get a timberwolf (AKA Viking)

Comment

Could be a bad blade. A bent blade will do that.
          The blade might not be riding on the tire correctly.
          The blocks and guides can also cause that problem.
          It'll cost you about $25, but I second Wbrooks's suggestion and recommend you get a Timberwolf. The blade the bs comes with is not very good and you'll need a new blade soon anyway. Get the new blade and go through the setup again.
          www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

as you stated the blade either was not set properly or something took the set off of the one side,

if the set is not correct the blade will not cut true,

you will need another blade, but as stated check out the saw and make sure nothing has damaged the blade,

Like no tires on the wheels or the guide blocks set out to far or the blade running to deep in the guide blocks,

if it all checks out, then probably some how the blade was faulty
            Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
            attributed to Samuel Johnson
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Thanks guys, I will try the suggestions and then toss the blade. Someone told me that ridgid had excellent customer service. What happened? I sent them the same question and all I got was a PDF of the owners manual. Some service!

Comment

Working...
              X