X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a plan

Ok fellow dust makers, I am asking for your help. My better half has notified me I cannot make any more projects until she gets her china hutch. So, I'm canvassing everyone for a link or place where I can find some plans to build one. I'm not looking for anything overly elaborate but yet not to common. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    If at first you don't succeed, try reading the owners manual.

Re: I need a plan

I dont subscribe to any of them, but I do see China Hutches on the front covers of many of the woodworking mags. Otherwise, take her to the store and see what she likes. I did that with my mothers entertainment center. She told me where it was at and I actually went in there with a Polaroid (pre digital camera days)a tape measure and a notepad. I told the salesperson I was measuring to see how well it would fit into my house. That may have been extreme but just seeing what she wants can help give some ideas

Comment

The newest Fine Woodworking has a decent one. Glass-front, 3 door. Looks relatively complex, but it's a nice-looking kind of early American design. Has a hand-made bead-board back on the top (where the glass doors are).
      I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Thanks for the ideas. I'll check the magazine rack next time I'm in HD.
        If at first you don't succeed, try reading the owners manual.

Comment

Working...
        X