X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grizzley BS Recommendation Wanted

Do any of you have one? If so, can you post some thoughts on its performance and value?

Thanks in advance!

Steve

Re: Grizzley BS Recommendation Wanted

Well I dont have one but here again my dad does and lord thats all I hear about from him since he knows that I am in the market for one. He tells me how great it is like what a great value it is and that it has features that high end BS have like the roller bearing blade guides and stability of the entire unit + the large table and he purchased the one with the upgraded fence and loves the whole damn thing I am getting tired of hereing about it to the point I am going to buy one just to shut him up.......
    American by birth. Canadian at heart.

Comment

Not sure what model you're inquiring about, but I've used the G0513 and was favorably impressed with it. It's in a friend's pro shop, so even the fact that it has it is a decent testimonial.

I've read lots of positives about the 14" G0555 too.

Comment

I was in a guy's shop who has one and he loves it. He makes wooden toys which he sells at craft fairs so he uses it all the time. Unfortunately I don't remember anything specific about why he liked it, just that he does.

Comment

I have the Grizzly GO555 14" bandsaw with the riser block installed. I love the saw and could not be happier with it. I have used it for resawing red oak and maple and have not had any problems at all. I would highly recommend this saw as a great saw for home use.

Ken

Comment

I have the G0513X 17" and love it. I would buy it again, in a heartbeat.

Comment

I have a Griz G0457 and love it. Its a great bandsaw. I also have a Ridgid BS14002. I would recommend the Grizzly to anyone. I have a review on Amazon.com of the Grizzly.

Comment

I have the GO555 and could not be happier. Would recommend this saw to anyone. I paid around $450 delivered.

JW

Comment

Today I picked up my Grizzly G0555 with 6" riser block kit, and a top and bottom set of guide block holders and phenolic guide blocks to use in place of the roller bearings when using blades from 1/8" - 1/4". I am in the assembly process right now. What can I tell you about it so far.

I ordered it on Tuesday morning and it arrived in my local UPS freight terminal on Thursday. Missouri to South Florida in 3 days. Amazing. It's heavy as hell. Fit and finish are really good. The stand is built like a brick outhouse. It's extremely sturdy. Thats all I have so far. I'll keep you posted on my progress, which will be slow, as I'm working through Monday.

Comment

I have had the G0555 for about 10 months. It replaced and old Craftsman saw. It is a great saw for the money. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Comment

I Bought The Ridgid Model, With A 20 Percent Off Coupon, Grizzly Cant Touch That Price!!!

Comment

Just a comment for bryank above. I have had to put some money into my bs14002 to make it trustworthy. The Ridgid is a little rough out of the box, but with some tuning, has the potential to be an excellent saw. I also have added a fence system and roller guides. The Grizzlys come with these things for just a little more money. Believe me, when you start using your saw, you will wish you had those things.
                        Last edited by weblance; 03-01-2007, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X